Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAddict View Post
Hi Anthony,

Should everyone try and attend around 1-2 pm if possible? That way people are not confined inside because it is dark and cold outside - unless nobody cares and there is lots of lighting.

AquaAddict
It would be better, in general, if small groups show up throughout the day. I expect most will come from noon till four, but some will show up after work or come for dinner instead.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:03 AM

Majik is on a distinguished road

Hey Anthony,
you can count wifey and I in. Sounds like a blast!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:10 AM
Gold Member

Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
War Dog
Wretch
byee
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife

Possible/Probable
Pinhead
Reef Pilot
Etaloche
e46er
F.H

Visiting
msjboy + kids

So looks like 18 confirmed (13 reefers), which should make this a great turnout for a winter BBQ.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:23 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to a fun get together,
Old 01-09-2016, 10:04 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Too bad it falls in the middle of my shift, Im due for a trip to the city for supplies, have fun all sounds like a good time.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Too bad it falls in the middle of my shift, Im due for a trip to the city for supplies, have fun all sounds like a good time.
Give me a holler when you're coming down. Come on over for a visit and a meal. If you need a place to crash overnight, that can be arranged too.

Anthony
Old 01-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Give me a holler when you're coming down. Come on over for a visit and a meal. If you need a place to crash overnight, that can be arranged too.

Anthony
Will do, take care.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:00 AM

BobFish is on a distinguished road
Default BBQ

I would like to attend if there is room, just need to know where to go and what to bring.

Bob
Current Tank Info: 187 custom reef tank, Running ZeoVit with Vibe, Apex New Gen, Jebao DCS 12000 return pump, custom180 Euro-reef skimmer, running Mazzi venturi and mag 18pump, Lighting-2 60" XHO blue reefbrites , with 8x60" T-5, 2 Maxspect Gyre XF150,and 1Maxspect Gyre XF250 Generator with controller, 120 lbs of Tonga Branch rock, custom sump and manifold
Old 01-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Gold Member

BobFish: Sure, come on over.

So it's a little over a week till the BBQ/get-together. As mentioned, I will provide soda & some juice but if you want beers/coolers, etc. then please bring your own and make sure you drink responsibly (i.e. designated drivers). Our place isn't very big inside but we can also accommodate a large group outside on the covered deck so hopefully the weather cooperates and people dress warmly.

I will be marinating and bbqing lots of chicken, turkey, pork and other meats. Maybe a salmon. I'll also make some Malaysian curry chicken the night before, some stir-fry veg, and cook several other dishes and finger foods. I'm budgeting $10/attendee for food, drinks & supplies, which should make it affordable to anyone who wants to come, eat, drink & hangout with fellow addicts.

If you want to bring frags, colonies or other stuff to sell or trade, you're welcome to. It will be a convenient place to do transactions and I have 2 sumps you can float your livestock in till you leave.

You are welcome to pop in for a quick visit or stay for hours. I'm making this an all day event, to accommodate those who can show up at noon for lunch or want to come after work and have some dinner. Got 2 big Weber BBQs so lots of grilling space to keep up with the close to 20 people who have so far confirmed they will be attending.

For those further out, I'm 15 minutes from J&L and 5 minutes from King Eds so you can multi-task your visit.

My address & contact # is:

6745 Lakeview Ave, Unit B, Burnaby
604-868-5553

Looking forward to seeing everyone here NEXT SATURDAY (JANUARY 16th).

Anthony
Old 01-11-2016, 03:26 AM

BobFish is on a distinguished road

great see you on the 16th
Current Tank Info: 187 custom reef tank, Running ZeoVit with Vibe, Apex New Gen, Jebao DCS 12000 return pump, custom180 Euro-reef skimmer, running Mazzi venturi and mag 18pump, Lighting-2 60" XHO blue reefbrites , with 8x60" T-5, 2 Maxspect Gyre XF150,and 1Maxspect Gyre XF250 Generator with controller, 120 lbs of Tonga Branch rock, custom sump and manifold