Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:54 AM

ottoman is on a distinguished road

Can someone tell me, as beginner, who this vendor is? So that there will no future disappointment when ordering. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:00 AM

tlo is on a distinguished road

i was planning on doing a frag order next week from one of the vendors on this site, but now I am a little hesitant. Would someone please pm me the name of this vendor so I do not order from them.
Thanks

ps. I wholeheartly agree with Ephraim, being a sponsor should mean something, I thought Icould trust the sponsers on this site, but now I am not so sure.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:27 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Don't be too quick to pick on the moderators for letting "bad vendors" advertise here, there are always 2 sides to every story and who wants to be judge and jury to decide which side is right.

I am also pretty sure you could find someone to say something bad about every vendor on this site, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad vendor.

Its up to us to research before buying, after all we are (for the most part) all grown up and shouldn't need someone else to look after us.

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 08-09-2008, 05:30 AM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

I would appreciate a PM to know who this vendor is as well. I have a newly set up 90g that I will be looking to stock and WAS going to go through some vendors on this site but I want to be sure that I don't get a bad deal as well.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Don't be too quick to pick on the moderators for letting "bad vendors" advertise here, there are always 2 sides to every story and who wants to be judge and jury to decide which side is right.

I am also pretty sure you could find someone to say something bad about every vendor on this site, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad vendor.

Its up to us to research before buying, after all we are (for the most part) all grown up and shouldn't need someone else to look after us.

Thanks Marie.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:46 AM

Xenia is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Well, I did my research before I shopped and searched the whole forum for people's experiences with that particular vendor.

Of course it doesn't help if you find positive reviews only, because negative comments aren't allowed/were deleted. It distorts the whole picture.

In my opinion telling people who got burned that they should "research before they buy" only adds insult to injury.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:21 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
This reflects poorly on all vendors on this site. ............................................. Just becuase Canreef is willing to take thier money, doesn't mean that the vendor is trustworthy.
Not all vendors are created equal and should not be painted with the same brush. I for one work very hard to build customer confidence & earn repeat business. Don't be afraid to inquire of other members about their experiences with who you're thinking of buying something from.

Greg
Old 08-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Ephraim is on a distinguished road

Yes, one must do research before dealing with any online vendor. Sponsership of hobby forums does not give any assurance of quality. That is an unfortunate fact that many people new to the hobby may not realize.

I for one will not be dealing with Canreef sponsers any more until there is some assurance of quality from the person/people taking the payout for the banners.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:11 PM

ShrimSkin is on a distinguished road

I have to agree, all the excuses in the workd could be made, but the fact is that the people that use this site are being taken advantage of by a vendor. A vendor who REFUSES to give refunds and will only give you credit for product that arrives dead anyway. I was not aware of negative comments being deleted. That is BS, what kind of business owner doesn't want negative comments? Now it makes a lot of sense why I couldn't find any.

I guess the questions is who is more valuable to Canreef, the memebers or the bad sponsors. It should be posted publicly who the vendor is, there are other sponsors that are great and shouldn't have to deal with this.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:05 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

So now as an employee of a shop that is a vendor here, I can expect to not get business from some canreefers because of an association with canreef? There is something soooooooo not right about this.I find it sad that anyone with a credit card # can become a vendor here? These forums are here for the hobbyest, not the vendors. This site is here to help people, not steer them towards a bad experience.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694

Last edited by fishytime; 08-09-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Closed Thread