Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

Can we not stop allowing this vendor to be a vendor?
I personally have no idea who it is you are talking about and would like to know.
In alot of people's mind (mine included) I am sure that ordering from a vendor here means that you can get what you expected.
if there is a vendor who continually has problems, do we really need to get money from this person to support this board.
if money is an issue. I know personally that I would rather pay a monthly or annual dues instead of allowing vendors to continually profit from unsuspecting customers.
just my 2 cents worth.
Neal

Last edited by howdy20012002; 08-08-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:05 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy20012002 View Post
Can we not stop allowing this vendor to be a vendor?
I personally have no idea who it is you are talking about and would like to know.
In alot of people's mind (mine included) I am sure that being ordering from a vendor here means that you can get what you expected.
if there is a vendor who continually has problems, do we realy need to get money from this person to support this board.
if money is an issue. I know personally that I would rather pay a monthly or annual dues instead of allowing vendors to continually profit from unsuspecting customers.
just my 2 cents worth.
Neal

Strongly agree!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Neal, we are currently discussing options.

Until then though, a vendor on this board does not gaurantee quality solely by membership.

Realistically, before anyone sends money to any company for anything, when you haven't done business with the before, they should make some inquiries first.

I have posted that should you want to deal with Vendor X, post asking for PMs relating experiences. In this case, this could have been avoided.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road
Default Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
Strongly agree!
I third this idea, in reality can this be done though I guess is the question?
Levi
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2as kass View Post
I third this idea, in reality can this be done though I guess is the question?
Levi
My post above stated we were discussing options....
Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
My post above stated we were discussing options....
Didn't see your post as I was writing mine at the same time as you were writing yours, thanks for the answer though! (Feel free to edit my post) (and yes that was a good hearted inside joke using sarcasm).
Levi
Old 08-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Just a guy..

I'll allow it
Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Maybe if the vender in question wasn't paying " vender dues" they could afford some elastics.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 AM

ShrimSkin is on a distinguished road

I had the a terrible exp with this vendor as well, it doesn't help living on the island, since the couriers really could care less about the package. But the first time pretty much the entire $300+ order was dead. I was told any DOA would be replaced, so I wentahead with the replacements. this time about half was DOA and two of the frags from the lot that made it where not what I ordered. They were switched out without me being notified. The packaging was a joke and no heat packes were included in the first shipment (early spring). And don't even get me started on the pictures vs. the actual frags. Not even close.

I chose to take my business elsewhere, but I do agree this vendor prolly doesn't belong on the site.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:51 AM

Ephraim is on a distinguished road

This reflects poorly on all vendors on this site. To know that the moderators do not put as much thought as the members of this site wish to see is disconcerting. Yes, these vendors are sponsers, they pay to have thier wares advertised on this site. But as a member of this site, I would expect the moderation team to take care with selecting vendors. When I see a banner run at the top of a Canreef page, I would think that this would be a reputable vendor. I now know to take the banners that run at the top of this page with a grain of salt. With the rate that this forum charges for sponsership(compared to what other canadian forums ask for) one would think that it would be quite affordable to pass on the occasional sponsership to ensure reputable vendors.

But I guess it's buyer beware. Just becuase Canreef is willing to take thier money, doesn't mean that the vendor is trustworthy.
Closed Thread