Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road
Default Skimmer help

I bought a T5000 Shorty II skimmer and for the life of me I cannot get it to dial in at all. I have an ehiem 1262 pump feeding water into it and have a ball valve inline between them. The problem is no matter how much I slow the feed rate all that happens is the body fills with water then the collection cup starts to fill...It is making great amounts of bubbles but will overflow in a couple minutes even when dialed right back, only when I shut the feed pump off and leave the other running does it look correct well close that is....Anyone have any insight here?
I am open to all suggestions
Thanks
Ian

Old 01-17-2011, 04:27 AM

Big Tang is on a distinguished road

Hey Ian i have the same skimmer an my 220 i run it off one of my over flows direct to the skimmer.I had the same problem till the skimmer broke in it only took about 4 skimmer cup's full of water to calm it's self down. Been running it for 1 1/2 years with no other issues and it pulls nice stinky nog out daily. I have the two straight lines on the knobs face out from one another hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 PM

viperfish is on a distinguished road

I have the same skimmer on my 150, one of the best "set and forget" skimmers out there. Have you used any additives such as dechlorinator or chemi clean? Some additives will drive a skimmer nuts. What is the heigh water in the sump vs the outlet of the skimmer? If it continues, post a pic of the setup and it will give a better idea of what may be wrong.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

Thanks....if either of you have pics of your skimmer all hooked up nice would you post em for me so I can compare your set up to mine it would be greatly appraciated.