Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply

Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

That's a good way to do it to Amy, I guess it all depends on where everyone if from that want to order. Sometime the group buys can be very confussing and a pain in the a@@

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
Hi all,
Here is my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong):with a group buy you get a discount as a result of high sales volume. Items will be shipped to wherever the owner of each order wants them to go. Each person then pays the shipping, which starts at 24.99 and goes up in significant increments from there. This is great for people from all over wanting to get a discount.

What I am doing is putting the order in my name, so one order. We don't get a discount for ordering lots of stuff, (we are getting preferred customer pricing) but we are saving significantly on the shipping cost as it is split equally between the number of buyers. The thing is, you have to be close to Edmonton for this to work in your favour, as you have to come and pick your items up...they will all ship to me. Currently as it stands shipping is sitting around the $10 mark as of now...will go lower with each additional order.

Hope that helps a little.
Amy

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 PM

jeno is on a distinguished road
Default George has great advice!

Thanks George,

I joined a group buy from reefcentral that goes in next Tuesday. Next time I'll see if there are other Calgary reefers who want to join in to save on shipping.

Cheers!

Jeff