Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 PM

BubblesUp is on a distinguished road
Default Review - Arctic T247

I knew I needed better lighting and it was something that I had left too long. I did my best at understanding LED, how it works and all and did my searches. My budget is thin so went about figuring out what my ideal requirements were. Lumen, blue spectrum stuff, dimmable, spread, colours, timer, etc. I started looking at Evergrow but liked the finished look of the Arctic units and the feedback of this unit and the previous non-remote controllable model were all quite positive. Budget was the real factor for me. I finally received it today and really like the finish on the unit, the fans are even more quiet than my pc. The 3w leds are spread out nicely and the descriptions that the leds are at a lower wattage than the 3 increase longevity was a nice bonus feature. I don't have a stand and was surprised at the lack of stands out there so decided to use this homemade plan: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-04/diy/index.php. Hopefully it'll be up in a week and I can really see what all the good feedback is all about. I have photos but nowhere to host them, otherwise I would have added some. More feedback to come. This Little Light of Mine

ps. The fixture ended up costing me just around the $230 mark Canadian when all said and done.

Last edited by BubblesUp; 08-29-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:16 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Most people here use Photobucket to host their pics. It's easy and free. Looking forward to more of your review!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 AM

I've given photobucket a try.

Here is the box wrapping

Here's how it looks in the box when opening.

Here's the unit on my antique chest.

The finish, best described as matte black satin texture is a really nice finishing touch. I'll try and get a pic of the light on showing the distribution of colours. I'm looking forward to getting it up and running. My dad's just trying to find a 3/4" pipe bender.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM

I finally got the light up. I just bought a bracket at HomeDepot that I noticed Timbits used and got the light going.

Don't laugh - it's only a 20g. I'm still trying to figure out the timer. I had to heavily vamp it down as it would have fried everything at the high level at full. My previous lights were compacts at low levels. You can see the little Black Ice Clowns I got from Timbits yesterday. I couldn't be happier with this light. Once I figure it all out, and have it the way I like it, I'll be set. I'm glad I did my research and enjoy the spread on the LEDs.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:30 AM

Sebae again is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Has a nice natural look

Tags
arctic t247, led, lighting, oceanrevive, review