Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Incredible Aquarium

Old 11-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Vendor

Bill@IA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
Are you sold out or are there more that can be bought?
I have a few coming in my next shipment, due this Thursday/Friday Nov.6/7th , that aren't spoken for…...so far.
I am told my shipment has left Maxspect and is on its way.

Check us out on Facebook. You don't need Facebook to enjoy our Facebook Page. Just click on the link: https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleAquarium

Old 11-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Vendor

Shipment has been confirmed for delivery this week.

Check us out on Facebook. You don't need Facebook to enjoy our Facebook Page. Just click on the link: https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleAquarium

Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 PM

reefme is on a distinguished road

How much is it?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Vendor

They are $319.99

Here is the link with more information and to order: http://www.incredibleaquarium.com/in...oducts_id=3551

Old 11-03-2014, 07:07 PM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

I just received mine, thanks for the speedy delivery Bill! I will post my unboxing,setup and thoughts as soon as I get this bad boy set up! Yippee!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Vendor

We have Maxspect GYRE XF150s in stock and ready to ship.

The Smaller 35w XF130 model leaves the factory end on November. We should have them just before mid-December. Price is $269.99

Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road

Any feedback from those that got in on the first order so far?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

My initial impression is WOW!
My tank is 80x20x20, peninsula. I mounted it on the far end from the overflow replacing an MP40. I started at %50 in the default A-B Paddle combination.
With no other pumps running this thing is easily providing enough flow at %50 for the whole tank. Detritus is being kicked up from all over the place and is being suspended and is moving back towards the Gyre then it is being spit back towards the overflow meaning the flow is ricocheting off the far end (as advertised) and there is defiantly a Gyre effect in the tank.

There are 4 modes to run it in
1. Constant speed - this provides a sheet of water that creates turbulence across the surface of my whole 80 inches at %50.

2. Pulse. You can set it to pulse at intervals from .4s to 30 seconds. there are 20 pulse time options here.

3. Alternating Gyre mode. - This is where it gets interesting!
The pump can can switch directions, spinning opposite has less power than forward because of the paddle design but you can set it to compensate for example 50% forward and 100% reverse. You can set it to switch directions from 2 minutes to 12 hours with 10 intervals in between. I have set mine to 50% forward, 100% reverse switching every 15 minutes.

4. 1 button 10 minute feed mode

The controller is very easy to use and looks good. Apparently 3rd party controllability is in the works.

The unit comes with an extra set of paddles and cages as well as extra bushings. Apparently there are 2 different sets of paddles so you can mix and match different flow patterns but I have not investigated this and installed with the default configuration.

BTW I turned off my other MP40 at the opposite end of the tank when I first set up the Gyre. I don't think I'll need to turn it back on... But I will, I am going to keep it and run it on ReefCrest to provide random counter flow... I'll keep it, at least until I get a second Gyre....

NOISE:
Nope, just a light hum. Running at %50 constant the hum is less audible than the hum of a properly seated MP40 on constant (green) at %50. Sitting here typing I can't even hear the Gyre anymore under the hum of my Eheim 1262 return pump. I could hear it at first because I was trying...

Magnet: I have 3/4" glass. The pump is holding on but is pretty loose. I am using a sticky cord holed to hold it in place like an MP40. Apparently the upgraded magnet for 3/4" + glass will be out in a few weeks.
I read on another forum that the magnet is waterproof and the Gyre can be mounted on an overflow but I would get confirmation on that.

Those are my initial thoughts. I do have some buyers remorse.... I should have ordered 2...
Old 11-05-2014, 05:05 PM

jordsyke is on a distinguished road

Mines supposed to arrive tomorow! Cannot wait
Old 11-05-2014, 05:12 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesso View Post
My initial impression is WOW!
My tank is 80x20x20, peninsula. I mounted it on the far end from the overflow replacing an MP40. I started at %50 in the default A-B Paddle combination.
With no other pumps running this thing is easily providing enough flow at %50 for the whole tank. Detritus is being kicked up from all over the place and is being suspended and is moving back towards the Gyre then it is being spit back towards the overflow meaning the flow is ricocheting off the far end (as advertised) and there is defiantly a Gyre effect in the tank.

There are 4 modes to run it in
1. Constant speed - this provides a sheet of water that creates turbulence across the surface of my whole 80 inches at %50.

2. Pulse. You can set it to pulse at intervals from .4s to 30 seconds. there are 20 pulse time options here.

3. Alternating Gyre mode. - This is where it gets interesting!
The pump can can switch directions, spinning opposite has less power than forward because of the paddle design but you can set it to compensate for example 50% forward and 100% reverse. You can set it to switch directions from 2 minutes to 12 hours with 10 intervals in between. I have set mine to 50% forward, 100% reverse switching every 15 minutes.

4. 1 button 10 minute feed mode

The controller is very easy to use and looks good. Apparently 3rd party controllability is in the works.

The unit comes with an extra set of paddles and cages as well as extra bushings. Apparently there are 2 different sets of paddles so you can mix and match different flow patterns but I have not investigated this and installed with the default configuration.

BTW I turned off my other MP40 at the opposite end of the tank when I first set up the Gyre. I don't think I'll need to turn it back on... But I will, I am going to keep it and run it on ReefCrest to provide random counter flow... I'll keep it, at least until I get a second Gyre....

NOISE:
Nope, just a light hum. Running at %50 constant the hum is less audible than the hum of a properly seated MP40 on constant (green) at %50. Sitting here typing I can't even hear the Gyre anymore under the hum of my Eheim 1262 return pump. I could hear it at first because I was trying...

Magnet: I have 3/4" glass. The pump is holding on but is pretty loose. I am using a sticky cord holed to hold it in place like an MP40. Apparently the upgraded magnet for 3/4" + glass will be out in a few weeks.
I read on another forum that the magnet is waterproof and the Gyre can be mounted on an overflow but I would get confirmation on that.

Those are my initial thoughts. I do have some buyers remorse.... I should have ordered 2...
Thanks for the input, I might wait for the XF-130 for my 40" x 20" x 20" then.