On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

An article from Plagiarism Today
https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2017...content-theft/
Old 07-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

I just learned that Google Photo has unlimited storage recently.

Titus
Old 07-28-2017, 02:49 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Photobucket keeps e-mailing me stating my account will become limited, but currently my pics still work.
Either I haven't been slated for the chopping block yet, or they are working on it ...

I've mentioned this before but will say it again. I'd be perfectly happy giving them $20/yr to keep hot-linking active. If not, well, go ahead and kill all my links from the last, jeez, 10-15 years? Been a long time and there's tons of pics on DIY sites. Car and truck sites, PC building/overclocking sites, Woodworking sites ... I have no idea how many. Suffice it to say more than a couple.

Yup, you guys will be loved by me if you cut us off.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:06 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I just noticed today that all my (and everyone else's) photos have been nuked from all the forums. Wow, just wow.. I am with Greg on this one. I don't mind paying for a service like this, but $400USD (yearly is a bit steep). So Long Photobucket, and thanks for all the fish (pics).
Old 08-17-2017, 12:32 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I just noticed today that all my (and everyone else's) photos have been nuked from all the forums. Wow, just wow.. I am with Greg on this one. I don't mind paying for a service like this, but $400USD (yearly is a bit steep). So Long Photobucket, and thanks for all the fish (pics).
Furreal? I have pics on there that I don't have copies of...

In this digital world where technology always fails I am missing thousands of photos. Even my external hard drive with 15 years of photos crashed (which costs $750 to recover btw). My baby pics?? Still in tact.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:00 PM

Brunz is on a distinguished road

this is the problem when we don't have hard copies of everything. Our legacy in the future will literally just be a collection of make America great again hats and Canada 150 flags.... go us!!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:43 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Furreal? I have pics on there that I don't have copies of...

In this digital world where technology always fails I am missing thousands of photos. Even my external hard drive with 15 years of photos crashed (which costs $750 to recover btw). My baby pics?? Still in tact.
Ya I've learned that lesson! I have photos stashed in multiple places. 1 primary photo hard drive where I process and edit all my photos. 1 secondary backup hard drive/server and backed up archival copies on CDs. I'm both anal and paranoid. Mostly because I've worked in IT all my adult life and know exactly what can/will inevitably go wrong with all manner of technology.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

I am paranoid and keep all my photos on my NAS. This week I just replaced 1 disk because one of them is having some bad sectors.

Google Photos is probably the best because you snap on your Android and it automatically syncs. I has unlimited storage as long as you keep it under 12MP. I haven't used it before because like I said I keep it on my NAS but think I should start using it. Lost some photos in between backup once because me and my wife went in the ocean (baby first time swimming so we went straight in to start taking photos and videos) and all photos in both our phone were gone.

But even with Google I will certainly still periodically backup to NAS in case Google decides to change their mind. Who knows. Microsoft decided to pull plug on MSN.

Titus