Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron99 View Post
I have an Omega 150 on my 120 with 40 breeder sump and it is puling dark green crap consistently. I have heard of people using them on much larger systems and being happy with them. If anything, it's overpowered and won't foam well on a smaller system or one with a low bioload in my experience.
We run one on a well stocked 120 display at the LFS here, not pulling what it could. Not bad at all, but I think it could do more.

So hard to really tell though, so many variables. I do have one available to borrow, I could try it.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Have you considered Deltec?

I was a huge fan of Vertex until I bought a couple Deltec's. Now I use them exclusively in store and only have one Vertex Alpha 250 left to swap out with a Deltec.

The Deltec SC 1455 would be a good choice for you.
I had considered them very briefly, as I couldn't find a local supplier. Deltec have been around since I started reefing and would look at them.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:07 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
We run one on a well stocked 120 display at the LFS here, not pulling what it could. Not bad at all, but I think it could do more.

So hard to really tell though, so many variables. I do have one available to borrow, I could try it.
They can be sensitive to changes. My foam collapses sometimes when I'm doing something in the tank. I'm assuming from the oils from my skin. Goes back to normal shortly though. It did start to overflow once recently but I pulled the volute/venturi off the pump, gave it a vinegar soak and a scrub with an old toothbrush and it went back to normal again.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Have you considered Deltec?
Where do you get your's from?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:19 PM

Trevor W is on a distinguished road

Not to turn this into a vertex omega 150 thread......but I purchased this skimmer and I am just waiting on my build to finish before actually trying it. What I am wondering is if most people are also adjusting the volute as well as the wedge pipe or if most are just using the wedge pipe and not adjusting the volute and is that why they seem to have issues?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor W View Post
Not to turn this into a vertex omega 150 thread......but I purchased this skimmer and I am just waiting on my build to finish before actually trying it. What I am wondering is if most people are also adjusting the volute as well as the wedge pipe or if most are just using the wedge pipe and not adjusting the volute and is that why they seem to have issues?
That's also a question I have. Nobody I've talked to has brought this up. Might be the reason for the less than stellar reviews.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Trevor W is on a distinguished road

Maybe because it is such a new concept that people are not wanting to mess with it to much and just run it full open or closed or whatever and just adjust the stand pipe.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor W View Post
Maybe because it is such a new concept that people are not wanting to mess with it to much and just run it full open or closed or whatever and just adjust the stand pipe.
It's possible. Maybe I'll run one for a week and see what I think. Not opposed to going up to the 180i though.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Just a guy..

Just watched a review on tht Deltec, guy broke it in 2 places before really using it. Again, German parts = big line of credit at bank
Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
I have the csc 250 which is the skimz e series 201.

Works great but I'm not sure if it'll fit your height restriction
Also, what kind of volume you running now? Seems over powered for my tank. 2 pumps??