Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-10-2017, 02:53 PM

e46er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
[No, not a box store.]
I don't agree with the name of the store in question being edited out.........people should be able to make their decisions to buy expensive tanks from somewhere with some follow up customer service. if every slightly negative thing gets deleted, it makes research difficult.

ANYWAYS

marineland emailed me back and requested some personal info, pic of the build date sticker some pictures of the leaks and the receipt if I still had it.
this was sent off Saturday during the day and by Monday morning I had an email that they were very sorry and are willing to reimburse me for the cost of the tank per the receipt I provided, she said the cheque will be mailed Monday.

This entire thing was quite disheartening for me but Im really happy how Marineland stood behind their product.

Im still not sure what I was going to do now. I had it down to if they replace the tank Id set it back up and if they told me they couldn't help me Id sell everything off.

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 05-11-2017, 01:53 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I guess you're setting it back up then. That's awesome that Marineland was s good to deal with! Did they ask about the stand at all?

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

When my Aqueon tank let go, they dealt with J&L for a replacement.
When I complained about losses, they sent me an LED fixture to house my 'hospital corals' while I was setting up the new tank. Not a lot considering the thousands lost in corals, but better than a kick in the head with a cement boot.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I guess you're setting it back up then. That's awesome that Marineland was s good to deal with! Did they ask about the stand at all?
apparently !

they were very easy to deal with. If it had anything to do with the stand or concrete sinking the glass pane would have blown out. a seal that randomly leaks like a sive a year after its up and running is a faulty seal. Im sure if the pane had blown out they probably would have blamed the stand and told me i was SOL

if you have any idea how weight bears down and shear walls work its amazing how "little" you need to hold stationary weight.

either way this is super rare and how they handled the leak Id have no problem buying another tank from them. Im quite lucky it was in a commerical building and not my house where I just redid the flooring 3 months ago!!!

Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 05-11-2017, 12:31 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
apparently !

they were very easy to deal with. If it had anything to do with the stand or concrete sinking the glass pane would have blown out. a seal that randomly leaks like a sive a year after its up and running is a faulty seal. Im sure if the pane had blown out they probably would have blamed the stand and told me i was SOL
I don't remember reading how it leaked/broke. You said "blowout" so I assumed it was something fast like seals tearing or a crack.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I don't remember reading how it leaked/broke. You said "blowout" so I assumed it was something fast like seals tearing or a crack.
Quote:
I went to California for business on the sunday I was at the shop early saturday morning and it was fine and I got a call Monday morning it was empty and so humid in the shop it felt like the jungle. they hit my pump switch and they took videos and the water just started puking out the front right corner.

it happened fast enough that there was no time to see it or fix it.

Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

If/when you set up again , PM me & I'll donate some frags to help you out .
I'd hate to imagine that happening . Good luck

240G Dream Tank of Frustration
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=115621