Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 06-22-2013, 03:51 PM

Cliff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
optimal is 7" also it will take time to break in, all skimmers need a good week..
Thanks for the info

I will raise the skimmer so it will be sitting about 7 inches of water. I only started at the max as that seam to be the setting my Skimz SK181 worked best at. With the sicci pumps, I guess its a whole other ball game.

I'm a little disappointed to hear I just missed out on a newer model Timing is everything I guess
Old 06-22-2013, 05:32 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

You for sure have not missed out on a new model its going to take at least a year to get anything here. Development is only planned for winter /spring 2014 and nothing is final.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM

Ah, now I understand

I'll be watching for the new models as I have been thinking about up-grading the skimmer in my other set-up
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
Thanks for the info

I will raise the skimmer so it will be sitting about 7 inches of water. I only started at the max as that seam to be the setting my Skimz SK181 worked best at. With the sicci pumps, I guess its a whole other ball game.

I'm a little disappointed to hear I just missed out on a newer model Timing is everything I guess
may need to go a bit less, i have two one at the store on a 400-500g system and another on my personal 100g system home. the one at the store runs in 6" and the one at my house is also at 6" i had started both at 9" and found it works best in 6" of water and is very touchy about its depth.

awesome skimmers and have nothing but great things to say about them and how they perform , plus its a great price tag.

the 250 and 150 work better in higher water.

hth

cheers

denny

concept aquariums
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 PM

Thanks for tip Reefwars

I will go for 6 inches.

Your timing is great as I was planning to adjust the stand the skimmer sits on later tonight

Cheers
Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You for sure have not missed out on a new model its going to take at least a year to get anything here. Development is only planned for winter /spring 2014 and nothing is final.
Wait, I am confused?!?! There is no stock now, and the new versions will not be available until November of NEXT YEAR?

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 PM

craigwmiller is on a distinguished road

Basically, you got it. I was able to snag one from Concept in Calgary about a month ago -- he had 5 left at that time. Call him up, those might be all of them remaining. (and likely anyone who has one, will not part with it )
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 PM

concepts have stock left last time I checked, but we have stopped production of the current model due to market changes moving to DC inverted pumps. This sort of re design takes time.

I know these are hot property and probably one of the best skimmers on the market but we have to move with the times

New model we hope will be spring 2014, not sure where you are getting November from.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 09-20-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
concepts have stock left last time I checked, but we have stopped production of the current model due to market changes moving to DC inverted pumps. This sort of re design takes time.

I know these are hot property and probably one of the best skimmers on the market but we have to move with the times
I understand that things change. At the same time I am not willing to buy a product that is already discontinued and has nothing to replace it for over a year. What do I do for support in the mean time?

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
I understand that things change. At the same time I am not willing to buy a product that is already discontinued and has nothing to replace it for over a year. What do I do for support in the mean time?

Charles
I am not sure what the argument here is?

if you are not willing to buy the highly respected original unit then dont, consumer choice

What do you do about support? Contact me, why would that change?