Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

The dimensions of the tank are a nightmare. Hardly suitable for fish or corals
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 PM

yycguy is on a distinguished road

I see the OP said "probably cost 18k"
Is that for real?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycguy View Post
I see the OP said "probably cost 18k"
Is that for real?
I believe so. Its done by living color and brought to Canada.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 PM

deepRED is on a distinguished road

If you're not going to buy it, keep your comments to yourself.

What a bunch of trolls.

The seller (who is not even the owner of this tank) is just trying to do someone a favour by posting it and the suggested price was what the owner of this tank wants for it.
It may not be a tank that you would buy, and that's fine, but someone out there might be interested in the custom dimensions. Also the price is OBO.

Next time you post something for sale and someone comments on how "it's a bad deal../ it's too old.../I've seen it for cheaper.. /it's a piece of junk..." remember what goes around comes around.

*end rant *
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepRED View Post
If you're not going to buy it, keep your comments to yourself.

What a bunch of trolls.

The seller (who is not even the owner of this tank) is just trying to do someone a favour by posting it and the suggested price was what the owner of this tank wants for it.
It may not be a tank that you would buy, and that's fine, but someone out there might be interested in the custom dimensions. Also the price is OBO.

Next time you post something for sale and someone comments on how "it's a bad deal../ it's too old.../I've seen it for cheaper.. /it's a piece of junk..." remember what goes around comes around.

*end rant *
Go ahead and call people Trolls all you want.... But you just did the same thing by posting.... LOL

From the buy/sell rules:

Right off the bat this thread was going to be like this. OP was posting an ad from another reef forum. lol.

They call it addiction for a reason...

Last edited by FishyFishy!; 06-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM

Reefer head is on a distinguished road

TROLLS !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM

mkj is an unknown quantity at this point

Their not trolls, their helping people realize this system is way out of date and not right for anyone (this is a good thing not a bad thing for the hobby).

They don't want someone spending that kind of money on equipment that should be thrown out. Only the tank/cabinet and empty sump has some value to someone who needs a skinny tank, and that's worth "used" maybe $1500 not $3500. Trying to dump all that other garbage on someone is bad for the hobby.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:17 PM

deepRED is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
Go ahead and call people Trolls all you want.... But you just did the same thing by posting.... LOL

From the buy/sell rules:

Right off the bat this thread was going to be like this. OP was posting an ad from another reef forum. lol.
Lol... touché.

Thanks for bringing up the rule about posting from other forums, didn't actually know about that one.

BCA is not a reef forum. The saltwater section on it is pretty sad compared to canreef. Mostly a buy and sell.

Anyways, just posted my first response based upon the negativity of the posts. Since I know the person trying to sell the tank, I was just clarifying the situation since he does not have a canreef account and cannot speak for himself. He's just trying to do a buddy a favor, which is within the rules, I think.

Again, if you don't want to buy it, then don't. I wasn't telling people not to talk about it at all, far from it. Just tone down the negativity.

Peace.

Last edited by deepRED; 06-05-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

This thread was destined for negativity the moment it was posted. The poster isn't selling, so it's more of a "hey, go look at this" type post. And frankly, most of the comments are accurate. While it is certainly a nice cabinet, that's where it ends. I suppose this should get moved to the lounge.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:05 PM

Tweeds is on a distinguished road

Still considering myself a newbie, I saw the tank and thought "wow, dare to dream, maybe one day". It wasn't until I read the constructive criticism regarding its functionality that I realized it is not a very practical tank for the average hobbyist. I appreciate the breakdown on it. Personally. So thank you.