Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 06-05-2013, 03:53 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyreef View Post
Fishy time, your not even in his area
Are you just a nasty guy wanting to degrade someone who just maybe doesn't know better?
We are better than that...
Be helpful, not hurtful
Guess its true what they say "The truth hurts" he was just being honest not hurtful.

Anyone can see for themselves that its a sub par tank set up and IMO not worth that price tag, but again to each their own.

Edit: I will also add that initially I didn't realize this was an ad in the buy/sell section and originally thought it was an advertising link to a company/brand that called themselves "living colour" tanks.

Last edited by fishoholic; 06-05-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:12 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Well living color is a terribly expensive custom aquarium builders (those fish king guys!). I won't complain about the price tag since I am pretty sure that tang cost a fortune (wouldn't be surprised if it was $18k). In the case of this tank, its not about the quality but more like the "brand name".

Good luck with the sell but you will get some severe bashing over here since I highly doubt whether there will be any such hobbyist to buy such tank. This company generally makes "show tank" and not hobby grade (you know what I mean :P).

P.S. please don't bash the OP. Bash living colors for making such tank and charging blood!

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 AM

msjboy is on a distinguished road

it was a show tank at some very expensive airport store realestate,.. that is why it is so narrow. Also, the fake corals are delibrately white for branding purpose... I assume whatever fishes they had, they would really pop in white background. As for reasons why bioballs, UV, etc. you can always ask the folks at http://www.livingcolor.com and share your gripes.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjboy View Post
it was a show tank at some very expensive airport store realestate,.. that is why it is so narrow. Also, the fake corals are delibrately white for branding purpose... I assume whatever fishes they had, they would really pop in white background. As for reasons why bioballs, UV, etc. you can always ask the folks at http://www.livingcolor.com and share your gripes.
Im not griping, I was making an observation about the equipment.... would you use bioballs???

Quote:
Fishy time, your not even in his area
Are you just a nasty guy wanting to degrade someone who just maybe doesn't know better?
We are better than that...
Be helpful, not hurtful
Quote:
Wow, you guys are a piece of work!
Go for it, losers

who am I degrading?.....I was pointing out the flaws in the system.....If the person that is actually selling the tank were actually here and trying to sell the tank, I wouldnt have said boo....besides, I am being helpful.....Im hopefully helping some new person to NOT make a $3500 mistake

******* and loser!.....you hurt my feelings
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694

Last edited by fishytime; 06-05-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 AM

greyreef is on a distinguished road
Default Degrading

Come on fishytime....
"Does the 2 x 4 come with it?"
Must admit that was a good one
But stop there
Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 AM

JmeJReefer is on a distinguished road

Liking the totally bleached out look! It's like winter in a glass box.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmeJReefer View Post
Liking the totally bleached out look! It's like winter in a glass box.
LMAO

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 06-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Tweeds is on a distinguished road

I wish I could go change my vote as to why I "Surf the Canreef" cause now, I would check Forum Drama (over opinions).

*munching on popcorn*
Old 06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeds View Post
I wish I could go change my vote as to why I "Surf the Canreef" cause now, I would check Forum Drama (over opinions).

*munching on popcorn*
Well i'm pretty confident that Dougs post says it all. I think we're more steering towards helping a potential newby buyer purchasing something that is very out dated, and just a potential distaster waiting to happen. A lot of people would go "oh my god, they're on TV, lets buy that system!"

When really... you're paying for a name, crappy fake corals, and a system that IMO is outdated and flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
I did look through the images.....all I see is an awkward size tank that looks impossible to work in.....a nitrate factory 1990 filtration system....a flood waiting to happen drain and return and a bunch of cheesy fake coral...... the cabinet looked nice though, aside from them Mickey Mousing the canopy.....but I guess some sucker will pay that much for the Gucci name

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 06-05-2013, 02:39 PM

greyreef is on a distinguished road

Boy, I look at this unit and see a number of possibilities...
You certainly can replace the fake coral with live rock for a few hun, go fowlr right away
Add a diy led light if you want corals...
As far as bioballs are concerned, cost of removing them = $0
Though look at Mike Palettas recent build (youtube led experiment) and youll see he still uses bioballs!
And you have an elegant, modern piece of furniture thats miles ahead of most tanks out there for looks!
Not sure about the electronics, whats in the unit for electrical control ato, temp, etc?