Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

I like Corn.

on a side note, I look forward to this build. Let me know if you need any help with anything along the way!
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Hello Catherine....

Any diagrams of set up, fish room etc? I still vividly remember where you lived here in Edmonton and one of the reef meets we had at your place! Calgary is where I grew up, a good place for you to end up . Looking forward to this build.

Have you considered making your stand out of wood, I'm sure that would save a ton, and shouldn't have any problems if built/designed right.

Cheers,

Des
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Looks good Catherine, but don't lie to us. The LAST big upgrade? Really, common now. You can lie to yourself and you can lie to your friends but you can't lie to us. We all live with the same disease.
Shhhh its a SECRET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbacchiega View Post
I like Corn.
I like cheese.... I knew I liked you!

Yes we do plan to have a dedicated fish room. It will house everything, and my dream of finally not having fish stuff all over our basement will come true! I think the tentative footprint on it now is like 8ftx12ft ish. Its our old basement bathroom that never should have been a bathroom in the first place. The only thing its leaving behind is the well placed floor drain!

We still have to do some work on getting a humidex, or installing an HVAC system into the house, whichever will be better longer term I guess.

I have a notebook that is FILLED with diagrams, although as to if anyone can decipher them...that is a whole other story!

I've never not had a wooden stand, so I guess it really is something to ponder. I just worry about the weight over time, plus the fact that this stand will probably have to be constructed and brought into the hosue in two pieces.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post

I like cheese....

Ahhhhhhh!!! LOL...Don't say that!

I animated a character once for a show I was working on and ALL he said was that he liked cheese...and chocolate milk. It was terrible...absolutely terrible....

Going to be fun to watch this one come along!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Corn? Cheese? Animated Characters?........... What the heck! I thought this was Canreef...

Looking forward to this catherine... We should race, see who can finish first! At the very least, bounce some idea's back and forth!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 04-03-2009, 03:43 PM

So I have this dilemma and I need some input.

Two of my "must have" tangs were, and maybe still are, available to me, a bariene tang, and marculiceps tangs. So the question is, do adopt them? This is killing me, and if I do it, I have to pull that trigger tonight.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:07 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Well that would certainly light a fire under build huh? I could look into it to see if we can get them in for you at a later date?....If that helps?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 04-03-2009, 06:04 PM

I'd like that a lot.

I've decided it will probably best if I pass on these fish right now, as much as it is kililng me to do so, its the right thing to do.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM

I'm REALLY pushing for this tank to come online in September/October right now. I'm thinking we'll have all summer to work on it, and we can really focus on the tank itself when it gets cold out.

So we have started our three part plan, which I'm trying, I'm not sure how successfully though, to get three parts moving at once, 1) get a stand, just have to order it, 2) finish the basement demo, and 3) start collecting rock to cycle.

I'm also looking at the UFA catalog to hopefully order our final water mixing/holding containers. I'm also trying to find one of those rubbermaid troughs to either look at using for a sump, fuge, or frag tank.

**Edit
In case anyone is looking, this is the UFA catalog link to those poly water storage container on page 182. You can also go here, to look at some troughs that look to be similar to the rubbermaid ones we keep seeing, also from the UFA catalog, these ones are on page 3.

Last edited by michika; 04-08-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

The UFA out in strathmore carries them on a regular basis...or they can order them in for you if you need.
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.