Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital

Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Ecotech Powered Tank Build

The start of a long thread so sit back and enjoy the ride as over the summer we slowly build the Ecotech Powered Tank.

The purpose of the build is to highlight all that we distribute so we can offer in depth analysis of all products but focusing heavily on both Ecotech and Seneye. With Seneyes huge capabilities in terms of light meters the two product names marry up closely.

The Tank
As always we chose Concept Aquariums In Calgary to build the tank, I have never seen a better built tank and Dave always goes the extra mile in delivery of a tank.

The size
60"(Long) x30"(wide) x 24"(deep)

The sump
This will be in an adjoining room

Equipment
Ecotech Radion G3 Pro x 3
RMS light bar mounting kit
Ecotech Vectra M1 pump
Ecotech MP40 x 2
Reeflink
Seneye Reef + SWS server
Bubble Magus *NEW release" A9 DC skimmer
Controller - TBA, not sure here, could dig out the old trusted GHL or go with APEX or even Aquatronica as we have dealings with them. Not decided on this yet.
R.O unit
Ozone unit
Ozone reactor
TM balling

Tank style
Fancy Goldfish!!........ Just kidding, LPS reef, stock from Exotic Reef including fish.

So for now I will leave you with a few tank shots from Dave at Concepts.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:23 PM

So a little update on the controller side of things.

I thought about all 3

GHL - Already got it sitting in the warehouse, know it well

Apex - Solid well known used by thousands. Not overly keen on the interface.

Aquatronica - Kind of on and off kid on the block here. Been around in various releases since 2006, first showing up in Europe and the UK and having a fair number of issues at the time. Soon after all things went quiet, especially in North America.

I will be honest seeing the latest release I am tempted, but I have a cloud hanging over me from the past so I am going to watch and wait, plus other controllers are rumored to be coming out next year so no point spending out again.

For now I am sticking with the GHL but as i have reviewed this old dog no new real tricks no point covering this angle. It will do for now and as this thread will roll on I will update it with a new controller when it does or does not release.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 04-26-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:37 PM

Thumbs up

So first pictures of the tank in place! Slow build - steady wins the race.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:34 PM

Thumbs up Bubble Magus DC A9 unboxed

As the Office Tank build slowly starts to take shape, the first thing I am highlighting is the NEW Bubble Magus DC powered Curve A9.

ALL BM DC skimmers come with UL listed power supplies. One of the beauty of DC pumps providing they draw less than 100w and are plugged into UL certified power supplies is that they do not require full certification. This of course helps cut production costs of the pumps.

This beast is capable of driving a Reef system up to 325G at only 28watts of power.

The nice thing you will notice right away is that the DC pump comes with a 2 year warranty which is rare for any Chinese pumped product. The pump comes with the same reliability pedigree of the in house made AC powered Rock pump, both pumps are propitiatory in house made.

Some neat features are the dual water level balancing dials giving uniform outflow and of course Bubble Magus's renowned build quality. The unit also has a nice cable gland to avoid chaffing on the acrylic edges.

For the price the Bubble Magus DC range has a huge market, fitting into the majority price point.

I will talk more about set up once the system is finally plumbed and wet. Stay tuned.

For wholesale of Bubble Magus exclusively in Canada please email us sales@aqua-digital.com

Old 06-02-2016, 03:07 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

All that stuff looks sucky .. you should sent it to me ...
Old 06-02-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
All that stuff looks sucky .. you should sent it to me ...
I will box it all up now for you
Old 08-10-2016, 01:24 PM

I completed Aqua Scaping the Home Office Reef system last night. We used 100LB of live Tonga Rock from Exotic Reef in Toronto.

Video link
https://www.facebook.com/aqua.digita...3704512080625/

The Seneye Reef Monitor is reading as expected an ammonia spike of 0.174 which I am controlling with ProdiBio Start Up, another fantastic product for starting systems, the ammo loc naturally binding the ammonia and the BIoDigest super seeding the rock.

This is where the Seneye comes into its own! Having live up to the minute reports of the ammonia cycle gives me a birds eye view of how the system is stabilizing. I am impressed with the accuracy and also the minute readings it provides. I can now watch the system cycle in real time from my desk through www.seneye.me which logs all my data. Of course the Seneye Reef is far more than just ammonia monitoring, the pH temp O2 and of course the built in underwater light meter will come into play once the system goes livestock live.

The Ecotech Vectra M1 return pump is silent, makes a change for a return pump of this power, having access from my desk though Ecosmart live to fine tune the output to balance the water level to how I want it is a great feature. I have not got too involved yet in the Mp40's as I am still cycling, Once livestock arrives then we can start balancing the reef flow.

As for lighting, well with no fish or corals yet I have not added any, however stay tuned for September when I will reveal the lighting package for the tank.

I am currently running the GHL controller, I have to be honest, this unit has not advanced much in 10 years and it is showing its shortcomings. I have already been through a pH probe from new. I will be replacing the GHL as soon as something else comes out that I feel comfortable with.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:59 PM

So less than 24 hours the Seneye has shown me that the system has peaked and is starting now to cycle. see attached photo, you will see the start of the drop in ammonia.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:52 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Got any new pics?

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 08-10-2016, 11:55 PM

I just posted a video in the thread above