Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road
Default Sps issue

As I expected some of my coral was a little po'd after a tank transfer. Colors have been coming back nicely in all but my shades of fall acro. It's browned out and no polyp extension since move.
My params are good. No nitrate no phosphate. Temp 78 +- . haven't tested ca alk mg. but I do a 5g WC every 5 days on 45ish gallon system. Everything is happy otherwise. Dose flatworm stop, sponge power, vitalizer.

Any idea what can help.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Leave it and pray to the reef gods. If everything else is doing well, the tank is fine, that coral is just ticked off. It will come back or it won't. Playing around with stuff could annoy the rest that are fine.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Hate to say it but: time. I have a couple of frags that I PO'd in various ways that caused them to brown out. One frag turned green after 3 months and now, a total of 9 months after it turning brown, it's finally getting it's brilliant red back. I have an electric pink milli with blue tips that browned out. A year later it's finally getting its colour back.

What I did find that helped colour back up was feeding my fish heavily while simultaneously vodka/mb7 dosing. Once I started feeding really heavy my frags suddenly spang back to life.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Vendor

xenon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xenon

I would still test the big 3 (cal,alk,mag) just to be sure.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Leave it and pray to the reef gods. If everything else is doing well, the tank is fine, that coral is just ticked off. It will come back or it won't. Playing around with stuff could annoy the rest that are fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Hate to say it but: time. I have a couple of frags that I PO'd in various ways that caused them to brown out. One frag turned green after 3 months and now, a total of 9 months after it turning brown, it's finally getting it's brilliant red back. I have an electric pink milli with blue tips that browned out. A year later it's finally getting its colour back.

What I did find that helped colour back up was feeding my fish heavily while simultaneously vodka/mb7 dosing. Once I started feeding really heavy my frags suddenly spang back to life.
I figured as much. I would cry a little if I wipe out the rest trying to tinker with one. It's just a really nice piece lol. I am just really hoping to see some polyps soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I would still test the big 3 (cal,alk,mag) just to be sure.

I will test tomorrow. Just lazy ATM

Thank you
Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

I agree with Brad....there is one thing that we all need to realize and doing so will save a lot of us a lot of stress and hair pulling..... we take corals from the four corners of the earth.....different oceans and seas, different conditions.....we stuff them all into one tiny little box and expect them ALL to be happy....this IMHO is impossible.....personally, I have never run a tank where EVERY coral in the tank was 100% happy 100% of the time.....if 99% of the coral is doing great, then dont mess with your params....perhaps a re-location of Mr Grumpy is all that you need(like to my tank).....you said you were adding flatworm stop, maybe thats the culprit?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-30-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
.you said you were adding flatworm stop, maybe thats the culprit?
Been dosing it for a year. Never had issue. I'm sure it's just from the tank move. If it does get better you may very well find a piece in your tank

I guess this is what happens when you go from live rock to Marco. Need some time to mature
Old 05-30-2013, 04:07 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
I guess this is what happens when you go from live rock to Marco. Need some time to mature
Don't get me started on Marco rock
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Don't get me started on Marco rock
Oh, please do
Old 05-30-2013, 04:24 PM

I have 20lbs lbs of Marco rock in DT. 10lbs live rock in sump and a mr1 reactor full of hydroton. I know about the lack of biological but the LR and hydroton where from last tank. Also cycled Marco for 2 months with DT water and sponges I had in sump