Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-27-2019, 04:24 PM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road
Default Help me refire my tank after crash/move

Had my tank crash(and we got palytoxin posioning cleaning the tank afterwords) when we moved to the new place and the sump broke, so I need to redo things anyways. It's corner sump with 1.5 and 1" lines. I want it to be as quiet as possible as the tanks now in my living room vs hiding in the basement. Before I had a Durso setup with ball valves and it was a little noisy for my taste.

For the sump setup I got 2 options I'm considering. One is sump under the tank, and the other is to run the sump in my heated garage(building a temp controlled fish room in the corner. To do that I'd have to run the lines under the tank into the crawl space and about 10-15 ft to the garage.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 05:32 PM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

Definitely a remote sump if possible. Keep all of the maintenance mess somewhere besides the living area, especially with little kids. Currently I mix WC water in the kitchen in a 45gal drum, yesterday I was busy and didn’t get the tank cleaned, my wife wasn’t exactly happy with the equipment in the kitchen when she got home, lol.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:03 PM

Yeah I have a salt water mixing station out there so half the mess is away, I know I'll have to do some sort of coating to the floor as salt water eats concrete. What is the most efficient and quite way to plumb a corner overflow? Or should I look into changing it to a different style? I'm not to worried about the drilling part for so getting people to help me move the tank lol

Old 04-09-2019, 04:44 AM

So I'm thinking of going with the under tank setup, to much going on right now and no room I. The garage to do my remote sump.

Thinking I'm gonna order the eshopp r-300, what's the best suggestion on plumbing to keep this as quiet as possible. I saw a video of someone doing full shipon with the dual mega over flows, but I don't think I can fit that in my corner overflows with 2 pipes with 90s. Also then I'd have 4 drains and the eshopp only has 2 inlets? (If I go that route I was almost thinking of buy 2 r200s and running each over flow into each sump. I have 2 skimmers packed away so might work?

The last sump I had I built out of a 55 but right now there are now cheap tanks around so rather buy a new one at 300 and mess around with it I'd rather just buy one.