Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Q&A

Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 AM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTang<3 View Post
I have bought and sold piles on here all over most of the problems if not all were encountered from the shipping of the product.
Pretty much why I am insisting on a local sale for an expensive item I am currently selling on here. If things somehow go wrong it can create a lot of hassle. For example, I sold a wavebox to a guy in Winnipeg over a year ago. Canada Post delivered it to the wrong house, and wouldn't admit that they made a mistake. I wasn't sure if the person I sold it to was telling the truth or if Canada Post was that incompetent. Fortunately the package was recovered after a few days at a neighbours house. It still caused tension between the buyer and I, and also required several calls on my part to Canada Post. It was a needless source of stress for about a week! Never shipping again.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

FS: Dream Zoa pack! Will ship at buyer's expense!

Utter Chaos 10+ Polyps
Bowsers 10+ Polyps
True Darth Mauls 10+ Polyps
Blue Eye Blondes 25+ Polyps
Blue Agaves 25+ Polyps

All yours for $150 OBO. I'll even throw in a frag of Oregon Tort.

Cash only. Please send to (PO Box address).

PM for details and pics!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post

Utter Chaos 10+ Polyps
Bowsers 10+ Polyps
Blue Agaves 25+ Polyps

PM for details and pics!

Well that's a good deal

360 Reef Tank
Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post

Utter Chaos 10+ Polyps
Bowsers 10+ Polyps
Blue Agaves 25+ Polyps

PM for details and pics!

Ship to places lol?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
R.I.P.

Smile

When I first started with concept had a young guy come in and needed a tank in an emergency well were custom so I didn't have anything available not in that kind of rush

I had just had my display built but was still buying equipment so I says take my new tank hasn't even seen water I even gave it at glass cost and said just pay me when you can after all he was a young kid in a bad jam about to lose livestock and was dealing with a cracked filled tank

The following week gave him liverock free and some other odds and ends I wasn't using

I got 1 payment out of three which was right on time , none of the other payments came , made arrangements to have it paid on jan1 of last year that never happened

Small world though and I turn around one day at big Al's and boom were race to face and I say dude why?

Sure enough his grandma died and I felt bad said its ok a text would have been nice but I understood

Next day seen him joining a frag alot group buy on canreef for $300 he posts so now I'm mad and tell him as much

Here we are over a year later and I've never seen any more oayments I've had to buy the tank twice and looked liked an idiot to the boss as he warmed me it was a bad idea , well he was right

He posts on here from time to time and turns out he's burned 2 other reefers I deal with in the city

Now it's pay upfront for everything or move on friend or not
Old 01-06-2014, 01:27 PM
R.I.P.

Was shipping a box to Yellowknife was a shared package with me and one of the vendors at the time , I get a message from a guy in whitecourt up past Edmonton saying he wants coral well it's late in the day but I say I can prob get it out with my other package

He orders $200 of corals from me and $200 from the vendor I slap covered his corals from the vendor and paid for shipping so was alot if money , I figure hes on here lots brand new big " theme " build on canreef

I go through with it all on my pocket and time

Corals shop and next day I send a pm saying did you get it , he says he got called back up north suddenly and his wife received it and from what she can tell looks good and says he will have her emt shortly

No emt comes so after several days I send another pm saying I never received a emt, he says that outvofcthe order the zoas were great but sps from vendor showed up bleached so he's not paying for those

I explain that unpaid for his sps , full retail , if there was an issue he should have called me right away I can't argue the fact a week later with the vendor . Also no pics available so just going on word

I know where this is going so I say ok well then send me mine and the shipping and ill jet shrug it off as a loss he says he will emt it right away and goes on to say he loves his zoos and will order again from me right away

Payment never did come and he stopped posting literally that moment , tqlked to a guy who knows him and he's still hanging around here

Another lesson learned
Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
When I first started with concept had a young guy come in and needed a tank in an emergency well were custom so I didn't have anything available not in that kind of rush

I had just had my display built but was still buying equipment so I says take my new tank hasn't even seen water I even gave it at glass cost and said just pay me when you can after all he was a young kid in a bad jam about to lose livestock and was dealing with a cracked filled tank

The following week gave him liverock free and some other odds and ends I wasn't using

I got 1 payment out of three which was right on time , none of the other payments came , made arrangements to have it paid on jan1 of last year that never happened

Small world though and I turn around one day at big Al's and boom were race to face and I say dude why?

Sure enough his grandma died and I felt bad said its ok a text would have been nice but I understood

Next day seen him joining a frag alot group buy on canreef for $300 he posts so now I'm mad and tell him as much

Here we are over a year later and I've never seen any more oayments I've had to buy the tank twice and looked liked an idiot to the boss as he warmed me it was a bad idea , well he was right

He posts on here from time to time and turns out he's burned 2 other reefers I deal with in the city

Now it's pay upfront for everything or move on friend or not
Well If this story is true, which I'm sure it is.. I see no reason to allow this person to remain on this site. These are the kinds of people that need to be gone and not return.

I remember an "all" out war about a skimmer that was loaned and never returned and then the guy tried to sell it on Buy/Sell.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:53 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post

be nice to get a user name so others are aware to stay away from this a$$hole
Old 01-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
be nice to get a user name so others are aware to stay away from this a$$hole
Well, if any of this activity happens on the board, we will take "corrective" measures.
Please do report anything like this to us, and if they're scamming people here, we will show them the door.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:19 PM

sirruckus is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking we can respond to a for sale thread in public about our dealings, since canreef has no other solution right now.

I trust how I conduct myself is above and beyond what normal people will do. What I want to know is who is wasting my time, who doesn't deserve this treatment.

I've shipped out live rock and hardware
received shipped items

because all those dealings went o.k. - I'd want other people to know I'm a good seller and that I've dealt with other good sellers. It doesn't eliminate anything, but it definitely reduces it