Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-13-2015, 12:27 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Agreed
Too much drama queen stuff going on there. Guess they can't find anything exciting to film.
I stopped watching it after a couple episodes

Still like Highway Through Hell, but not Hell On The Highway. Total crap knockoff
Old 12-13-2015, 12:38 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Ice roads are extremely boring...best to find a good radio station and hunker down. Highway Through Hell in Alberta is filmed on the same highways I hauled on. I've seen a few trucks I know on the show.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:24 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I used to like watching the odd episode of the fly boys flying old DC3's up north, think the show is Ice Pilots or something similar. Most reality shows of this nature need some extra dramatization to keep folks watching, that is, folks that don't have experience in whatever it is that's going on, whether it be trucking, flying.... Anyone ever actually in those occupations knows how utterly boring it can be.

Either way, it's moot, since I cut the Shaw TV service long time ago & now only pull in Global via antenna in the attic. They don't run those shows, I have to be content with Survivor!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:34 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Had to explain to a lower mainlander tonight what the plug hanging down in front of his rental car grill was for I keep forgetting that they don't get cold or snow and don't know what a block heater is or how it works.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Had to explain to a lower mainlander tonight what the plug hanging down in front of his rental car grill was for I keep forgetting that they don't get cold or snow and don't know what a block heater is or how it works.
Heck, half the people I talk to in Metro Vancouver don't even know how to jump start their vehicles and a couple of them had no idea where their car battery is. Now that's just lame.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
...and he'll be driving away with it still plugged in for sure!

What scared me when I was logging is all the guys that didn't know how to put on chains! Logging = chains. There was a time when I was chaining up my truck, and there was a new guy there already that obviously was having a heck of time. I had my chains on in about 6 minutes, and he still wasn't done. Being a female trucker, it's hard to try to give most men any tips or anything, so I didn't usually bother unless I was asked, but the guy had the one on inside out (the spiky gripper parts going into the tires rather than going onto the ground). I offered a hand, but he wasn't interested, so I just suggested he might want to "turn that one right way out", he told me the spiky parts kept the chains from slipping on the tires and I should mind my own business. Ok, fair enough. So 45 minutes later I'm on my way out when I hear on the radio that "an empty" (a truck coming in) is stuck on the hill. It's buddy with the inside out chains! So me along with 3 other trucks have to wait over an hour for the grader to get over there and drag the guy up the hill while harassing him for having his "jewelry" on inside out. He didn't look at me on his way by. Maybe a little I never saw him again after that. I think maybe he pooped his pants on the way out with a load on, and decided it wasn't for him.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-13-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:25 PM
No Cookies

Yup I used to help my dad put chains on all the time (he worked for highways) and it was funny watching highway long haul truck drivers laughing at my dad for putting chains on a dump truck yet a few miles up the road who do we see usually it was the drivers who didn't put chains on either stuck or struggling to put chains on.

Sadly for me if I was to try it today I would struggle to put chains on been 20 years since I've helped put chains on.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:36 AM
No Cookies

I am gonna rant

Why is it that at Christmas time almost everyone panic shops I realize some people it comes down to finances and time to do so but for the rest of us there is no excuse all my shopping is always done last week of November first week of December. Most people wait and procrastinate then the fire works begin I've seen fights and shopper rage over the stupidest things I've watched middle aged women go at each other like we see during the US Black Friday sales and worst of all I've watched as children are pushed, stepped on and yelled at just because some idiot is panic shopping or in their own world.

Christmas I think has lost its lustre and people really don't understand that this is for the kids this is their time to shine and be happy. I don't go for all the religious nonsense but I do believe that this is a special time of year for the kids as for them its magical and allows them to escape reality. Adults it seems often forget who this is for and become raving lunatics who must run to be the first to get xx toy, item or what have you.

Slow down enjoy Christmas for what it is not shopping chaos, trampled kids and ****sed off shoppers

Rant off
Old 12-14-2015, 02:08 AM

I'm done Christmas shopping. The first time I've ever been done before Dec 23rd. I must say it's MUCH better shopping early. I won't go back to last minute shopping.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-14-2015, 04:00 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

yea i should really get on that christmas shopping considering im leaving town in 4 days..........damnit

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC