Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Very nice tank! Can't wait to see it up and running.
You and me both
Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol

Alright now down to the list of hardware and an idea of livestock

Hardware:

One of the proflux controllers, no budget for this one, so one of the good ones
matching 4 part doser, maybe 2
2 MP40
60'' ATI 12 bulb T5HO fixture
Bubble King Skimmer
two phosban reactors, one for carbon and one for zeovit rocks

The idea is to get this tank setup so it can run auto pilot but still inform my future IPhone on everything so I can monitor and adjust on my own if need be.

I am not running the closed loop, hence the 2 MP40's in the list. I like the light that John(lobsterboy) has for his tank, which is why I am copying him

I am going to run zeovit system, aside from the apparent headaches in doing so, the pro side is much better than the headaches.

Oh yah, I obviously have no budget to this tank build so yah, hence the shiney stuff lol.

Livestock.

Dominatly SPS on top of the aquascape with LPS and Inverts at the bottom.

Fish wish list.

Flame Angel.
Manderin Goby
Copperbanded Butterfly
Koran Angel
Bright orange starfish
and much more! Actually Ill take ideas on the fish part for sure.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

How on earth did you get it up all by yourself!? Should have had the camera rolling that's amazing! Nice planned equipList. You're off to a nice start with that sexy looking tank and stand.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:42 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
... seriously, this tank is frickin heavy! I had all the help I needed until I finally got all the pieces at home here and needed to get the tank onto the stand. Well guess what! Everyone dissapeared on me when I needed the tank up onto the stand!.

Well as determined enough as I was, I did not accept defeat and I got that huge tank off the floor and twenty feet into the air and up onto the stand, using no tools other than my own two hands.

Aside from a possibly fractured finger, and a pulled right bicep I got it up onto a stand so I can take those pictures for the fan base of this tank...
Good job on getting the tank up... For mine I don't think I can lift it... I got a crushed finger just getting it from the back of the truck to my floor... all we did was a guided slide down a ramp onto rollers... we had four people and couldn't lift it... Also I think your ahead of my build already... I've been working at it for months...
Thanks for the pictures will be following along

Last edited by Greenmaster; 07-09-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
How on earth did you get it up all by yourself!? Should have had the camera rolling that's amazing! Nice planned equipList. You're off to a nice start with that sexy looking tank and stand.
The tank and stand is all credit to Simon. Oh and I got the tank up on the stand by hulking it out ahaha. Actually I managed to get one end up on to the stand first and then grabbed the other end and just fed it to the stand. It was hard work, but the end result is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
Good job on getting the tank up... For mine I don't think I can lift it... I got a crushed finger just getting it from the back of the truck to my floor... all we did was a guided slide down a ramp onto rollers... we had four people and couldn't lift it... Also I think your ahead of my build already... I've been working at it for months...
Thanks for the pictures will be following along

Seriously bud, Im just building a tank. Not reinforcing the foundations, building my own rock, setting up an addition for a monster 320 gallon, your comming along just fine for your tank build bud. Thanks for the compliments though
Old 07-09-2010, 06:02 AM

Oh yah, I am adding a cooler and a power back up supply to this setup.

After a 32 degree day today, I need a cooler and I do live in Calgary so a power backup is in order for the controller and the fans.

Also, after the tank is set up and cycled, I am doing up a Regal Tang into this system.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 PM

Well, everyhardware store in town sucks except RONA. RONA on the Crowfoot is the place to go for all plumbing needs! Other than that, Kevin in Red Coral helped me out alot with the gate valve, the check valve and the four bulk heads!

So Got me plumbing in place, its going to be simple so dont try and overthink it!

This is the dry fit.

Laters!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Mmmmm, a no budget build . I've seen this tank when it was Simon's, very nice. Looking forward to the end result.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Mmmmm, a no budget build . I've seen this tank when it was Simon's, very nice. Looking forward to the end result.
Yah Simon did a great job on this tank! Im stoked that Im the one that 'inherited' the tank.

Anyways, got the plumbing glued, im just waiting for my 'cautionary' sylicone layer to dry up and im going to position this tank over one of my main beams in my floor for a leak test tomorrow night!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
Yah Simon did a great job on this tank! Im stoked that Im the one that 'inherited' the tank.

Anyways, got the plumbing glued, im just waiting for my 'cautionary' sylicone layer to dry up and im going to position this tank over one of my main beams in my floor for a leak test tomorrow night!
Must have pics for the leak test too !

Tags
bubble king, custom tank, reef, sunpower, zeovit