Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Go now, there's a good chance you'll get interviewed! Place is totally infested with media. I only narrowed avoided getting interviewed by CTV, although me taking off my shirt and asking if they could see belly button lint might have swayed them off onto someone else for some reason.

I'm going again on Friday. Wild horses could not drag me away from this place. Oh it was a scene, I gave her a hug, we were both crying .. etc. I'm so happy they've decided to keep going with the restaurant.
I already have a lunch plans for friday but would meet you there tomorrow for lunch to catch up on reefing and stuff

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 02-12-2009, 06:01 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'm down for that .. expect an email shortly
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

edited.
I now know better than to bother.

enjoy your noodles.
I'm glad your lunch routine will continue to go on.

Last edited by Whatigot; 02-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
It's kind of shocking to think that this one incident that hit too close to for an individual is everyday life for a good portion of the human race.
Go to Africa or Columbia and the weirdest thing about people getting shot in a vietnamese restaurant is the fact that there was a vietnamese restaurant there to get shot in.
I'm not completely sure we'll come to a position of mutual respect on this one but all my point ever really was intended as was that this was a terrible tragedy that unfolded in a family run business. If it were me who was in the kitchen that day, I might very well have just said "I'm through with this business and I'm not coming back." I doubt anyone would have blamed the couple if they chose to do that, however, they chose to look forward and reopen. I thought this was noteworthy enough to share.

If the fact that I said this hit too close to home for me, somehow reflects poorly upon me, then I guess so be it. Sorry to have offended you. Enjoy your tank and enjoy your day, go in peace.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:44 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

I have spent some time thinking about this, because we have a favorite VN Restaurant as well, and the owners know our children, my clients, etc.

However, I really question your return there Tony . I hope you will never take your family back...

Maybe it is really stupid for me to think that gangs have a favorite restaurant too?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 AM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB View Post

However, I really question your return there Tony . I hope you will never take your family back...

Maybe it is really stupid for me to think that gangs have a favorite restaurant too?
This could just have easily happend at a moxies. If it happened there, would you ever go back to a moxies? It just happens that they went for lunch to one of the only restaurants open that day. And i'm sure it wasn't planned to go down there, im sure that is just where they ended up.

This all comes down to the fact that these gangs show absolutely no fear, and the scary thing is this whole ordeal here in calgary is becoming more like vancouver and toronto in the fact that innocent people are getting hurt. They don't give a care, they will do whatever, whenever.....wherever. Unfortunately, this kind of behavior will become more than just a random occurrence

When i lived in Toronto, i was always concerned and on guard, cause with the amount of gun violence in that city, the percent of injuries to innocent people is ridiculous. This is becoming a problem here, and now i don't feel as safe as i did, say 3 years ago here. I love my city, but unfortunately its growing with the times, but for the most part in a negative way
Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

Be fortunate that you don't live in BC then.......... 6 or so gang related shootings within the last 2-3 weeks.

Lucky it's more in the Valley then it is to Metro Vancouver :P

Cheers,
Vic
Old 02-13-2009, 05:34 AM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

There are a few solutions to this problem that would work if our politicians and judges would do their jobs.

One is stiffer prison sentences for gang-related violence including truth-in-sentencing laws ie. a 10 year prison sentence means you spend 10 years locked in prison. This will never happen as it is not politically correct to hold a person responsible for his crimes.

Two is legalize drugs, sell them in government liquor stores, take the profit and apply it toward our health care system. This will never happen because it would make the government look bad, even though it is the right thing to do.

Three is use civil litigation and income tax enforcement to aggressively go after all of the assets and income of organized criminals.

Four is fix our immigration system to mandate balanced and proportional immigration from various countries of the world. Ie. 5% of our immigrants come from China, 5% from Japan, 5% from India, 5% from the Netherlands, 5% from Austria etc. etc. etc. The politically incorrect truth is that gang violence is concentrated among four particular ethnic groups: East Indians in the Vancouver area, Vietnamese in Vancouver and Calgary, Jamaicans in Toronto, and white trash biker types across Canada. When we have 10 million people coming here from one single country they remain isolated in their own little communities, don't integrate, and are more likely to fall into the gang culture. In order to better assimilate immigrants into the Canadian culture we need to limit the number of people coming from any one country. As politically incorrect as this sounds, it is true.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 02-13-2009, 05:39 AM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

So glad I live at least 500 clicks from anywhere interesting...
Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veng68 View Post
Be fortunate that you don't live in BC then.......... 6 or so gang related shootings within the last 2-3 weeks.

Lucky it's more in the Valley then it is to Metro Vancouver :P

Cheers,
Vic

9 in 9 days as of tonight.

"More gunplay in Metro Vancouver"
http://www.theprovince.com/news/More...689/story.html

Last edited by Samw; 02-13-2009 at 07:11 AM.