Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-23-2009, 05:56 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1GY View Post
If the amount of suffering is proportional to the quality of the meal, there's serious issues that have nothing to do with food and everything to do with old world thinking and a lack of understanding.
Nothing is gained by watching a living creature suffer.
I agree 100%. I know with the dolphins, the Japanese believe that the more they suffer (slower or painful death), the better they taste
Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
With all due respect,
If i have blood or any circulatory system , regardless of how much evolved i am no different from human in regards to torture and feelings.

Having said all that i am just as guilty !
Because i keep fish in a glass box and I eat sushi.
What i am trying to say is that we have to evolve and change our ways.
Well that's not a bad way to look at things I guess...better than much of the world these days that have absolutely no regard for animal OR human life I disagree about evolution having nothing to do with feelings but agree, no animal deserves to be tortured.

It's a cultural difference. I was in China a few years ago with my father and saw rabbits being killed by smashing their heads on the pavement in front of little kids playing on the street in a market, the kids don't even look twice. Coming from Canada myself, I had a very hard time visiting many parts of Asia. The commercial, tourist cities were great but some of the smaller towns and villages I just couldn't deal with watching how animals were treated. My father has lived in Asia for a few years now and has said its the one main reason he wants to come back to Canada asap.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 12-23-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:56 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

It is disgusting to see them treat animals this way. If we are going to use an animal for food we need to give it a quick and humane death.

On the one hand it seems some other cultures don't place the same value on animals' lives as we do.

On the other hand the way animals are treated in factory farms and slaughterhouses in North America is pretty sick too. The animals' suffering is hidden from us because all we see if a slab of steak in a package at Safeway. It makes me want to become a vegetarian sometimes.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

It's all relative. I can imagine the videos out there about Canadian animal killing practices. Check out all the Canadian Salmon that suffocate to death in ship holds. How about the baby Canadian seals? Disrespectful Canadian hunters? Canadian slaughter houses...oh I've seen those videos, not pretty. There are a lot of animals suffering out there in all countries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
I know with the dolphins, the Japanese believe that the more they suffer (slower or painful death), the better they taste
Where do you get that info??

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-24-2009 at 12:11 AM.