Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation
Default Electrical Symbols

Hello

I'm drawing up a floor plan and am a bit stumbled at finding out what symbol do I use for the following:
1) Multi gang switches (eg 4 different switches) in the same box, each switch going to a different light or load. You can't put a numeric sign next to it because a numeric 3 means 3 way and a numeric 4 means 4 way so it doesn't mean 3 gang or 4 gang.
2) Multiple receptacles each at a different height but same location on a top down 2D plan. For example, one below counter, one above counter, and one for cabinet above counter.

Titus
Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM

Rory is on a distinguished road

Typically you would just add more "s" beside each other. 3 gang = sss. With a line drawn to each load from each "s". As for plugs, same goes. If you want a plug at regular height (example, 12" off floor) and a plug above it, say 48" off floor, then you would draw in 2 plugs immediately next to each other, with a note to one of the plugs that it is to be mounted at 48". If the plug is to be in an exact height, be sure to note the measurement is to the top / bottom of the plug box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

Okay thanks. Great advice.

Titus
Old 04-17-2016, 03:12 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
Typically you would just add more "s" beside each other. 3 gang = sss. With a line drawn to each load from each "s". As for plugs, same goes. If you want a plug at regular height (example, 12" off floor) and a plug above it, say 48" off floor, then you would draw in 2 plugs immediately next to each other, with a note to one of the plugs that it is to be mounted at 48". If the plug is to be in an exact height, be sure to note the measurement is to the top / bottom of the plug box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, this is it..

If you want the plugs to line up right above each other, a note would be good there too.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:51 AM

Zarstar is on a distinguished road

What they said... I am an electrical designer/drafter and I do floor plans a lot... interestingly enough for municipal water/wastewater pumping stations lol if anyone needs a pool sized tank engineered for them just let me know!

Seriously though, use lots of notes, include a symbol legend and have fun. I personally don't use lines between switches and lights (or anything really) unless needed. Circuit numbers next to the devices can be a cleaner approach.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk