Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Maybe hydrogen peroxide fill fix it?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM

Erikusmagnus is on a distinguished road

Daniella i have the same variety and every now and then when water changes, moving etc occur it takes them a few weeks to recover they get really shocked and will not come back out. But eventually they come around if all your levels are good it will eventually come back around. My suggestion is to let them be and they should come back, by fragging it and playing with it you may be adding extra unnecessary stress to it which will lengthen its recovery
Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

I only fragged it when I saw that some part of it was RTN. It was going better when I was doing daily water change but since I have not do a water change in a week, it went downhill pretty fast. It's like the flesh is getting more thin by the days and the skeleton is getting fragile. I don't yours ever got copper poisoning...not sure it would come back.

I had that coral bleach before and lost polyp extension but like you said in a few weeks it was going better and better. Now it's the opposite that is hapening, it is going worse and worse with less and less polyp extension and flesh going thin and disapearing in patches.

Water parameter are great, calcium 420, mag 1400, alkalinity 7.5, nitrates, etc...undetectible with my tests. All other corals are doing great with great polyps extension and last test done on my water showing no level of copper what so ever (below the pro laboratory equipement detection), so there is no more copper in the water.

It is very wierd, as if there is now only some green and brown color on the skeleton and no flesh or a very thin layer of flesh. It used to be plump and hard and when I was touching it, it was not falling apart.

I tried a Revive dip on the frag I did and I put it in my nano. I will see if it will come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikusmagnus View Post
Daniella i have the same variety and every now and then when water changes, moving etc occur it takes them a few weeks to recover they get really shocked and will not come back out. But eventually they come around if all your levels are good it will eventually come back around. My suggestion is to let them be and they should come back, by fragging it and playing with it you may be adding extra unnecessary stress to it which will lengthen its recovery

Last edited by daniella3d; 03-06-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Default Should I dip it in Revive as well?

Well the frag that I did last evening of that acropora and I put in my nano tank without even any acclimatation has a lot of polyp extension today despite bearely any flow in the spot I put it in and the one in my main tank has none what so ever.

The frag was treated with Revive for 7 minutes. Should I take my main colonie out and treat it with Revive as well?

Parameters in my 2 tanks are very similar, alkalinity is 7 in the nano and 8 in my main tank, calcium is about the same 420 mag 1380 in the nano and 1400 in the main tank.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

I think fragging it was a good idea if a coral goes down hill for me I star to look at dragging a health piece. I would also dip the colony f the drag is doing well. Now that you wen through. This I would either give some tags to a fiend for backup or start a fragtank seperate from your mainsystem.glad your frag is doing well if it continues to do so I would do the same to the colony dip wise anyways

Some glad I don't use carbon LOL cheers!!!

Last edited by christyf5; 03-07-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: required spellcheck ;)
Old 03-07-2012, 02:47 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Been drinking heavy last night Denny?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
R.I.P.

Its ma phone LOL I have the newfie App LOL

Plus maybe with all these spelling errors ill get my edit button back LOLop
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
R.I.P.

Bahaha Christy just noticed the fine print says spellcheck required LOL marko must be loving this LOL
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM

I think that's what I will do, remove the main colonie and dip it and then put it back and see. It's really not looking good today but the frag is looking great. hmmm..I wonder what can cause this that can be cured with Revive. I don't see any flat worms or anything in the dip water.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

One thing to watch that i just got burned wiht is to make sure that you've turned down whatever dosing or Calcium reactors you have. I'd pumped my alk up way too high since i had die-off and my coral wasn't using as much as it used to. After all the chaos the little things are what end up getting you .