Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 AM

jords is on a distinguished road

That video on the page looks kinda sketchy. As mentioned, those corals are all fake. And IMO, those fish in the tank look like black mollies, which are freshwater fish.... :/

Now as for the quality of Zetlight.... I don't think it's too bad. I personally don't use them, but you should definitely get into contact with Fred (his username is oyf709). He (used to?) sell the units, and speaks pretty good of them. I think now he carries different LED units though. Here are some pictures of the Zetlight that he sent me a couple weeks back:

Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM

Ranchu50 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I would like to upgrade my biocube lighting , but it doesnt make total sense for me to spend $220-$250 on retrofit lighting kits for a tank i bought for about $200.

The $80 zetlight is appealing if its an upgrade to power compacts.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 16.5" 70W HQI Sunpod available.
I would sell it for $80
Comes with mounting legs, 70W current USA 14k HQI Bulb and 8 leds (4 white, 4 blue for night time viewing).

In Coquitlam.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM

oyf709 is on a distinguished road

it is always funny that someone assume something that they donno about. The reason behind the fake coral was that I don't have a small salt water tank to do the display and my 60G was way too big for the 2 nano touch and no it is not recommended for that size. Since google is your friend, you should be able to find out more about the Zetlight Nano from 3reef or nanoreefblog. The couple pictures are from 2 guys that got the light from me, I personally never tried it with SPS, however, some guy on 3reef posted a picture about the light is able to grow SPS and you guys can just check it out. BTW, there are more than just 1 person got the Zetlight pro from me, I think I probly sold about 30 to 40 fixtures by now and I wish they can come out and do some true reviews, people like spit.fire , or fire.is.fun. I think I even traded couple the ZP2500 to someone for a skimmer and a CA reactor few months back.

PS: The reason there is a salfin tang in the 60g is mainly due to the down size from 120g to 60g. My wife refused to give up the 2 tang we had and I am force to settle with them in my tank for now till I move to a new house.

EDIT one more time: BTW I made both crap video on youtube, only made them for 3reef as Zetlight is 3reef sponsor and the company didn't bother to do any follow up or update on information. So as someone selling their light, I took on the responsibility to do it myself with personal camera. My purpose was only trying to show the functionality and not the actual performance. If I want to fake it I can easily change some existing establish tank and put the light on then shoot the footage. However, that is not my purpose. I also not going to change my user name, I used it on youtube, use it here, use it on ebay and etc is because I want people to know I am same person and not afraid to be tracked. If I am so concern about getting tracked because selling some junk to people then I would of go with different user names. It is ok to question the light's performance, but if you questioning my purpose of doing the video and saying I am just trying to scam people, then you are attacking me directly.

Last edited by oyf709; 12-02-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

So are you using this light right now? How is it compared to the light that you got from Australia back in March. I'm actually considering one of these for my fuge. I'm sorry i'd rather not sign up to another reef site to get a review. mrhasan seems to be a struggling student and he's a pretty active member on here and looking for a good LED fixture. He'd be a good candidate for a review, write one off and help him out.

Last edited by Madreefer; 12-02-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: my bad
Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Hihi. Yah I am not the OP of this thread the led do look very promising. I have contacted frank but I am still in confusion whether this would be better than a quad t5 fixture.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 PM

oyf709 is on a distinguished road

well I have been warn not to say much on the light and only reason why I came to response is I saw someone making fun of my tank without any good advice in between other than being sarcastic.

Again, I am not qualify to comment on how good the light is. The best I can do is provide the spec of the light. The rest of it is all depend on previous client's feedback.