Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-06-2008, 03:07 AM

RonPeter is on a distinguished road
Default ING Direct

Has anyone ever used this bank? Just curious as I am thinking about opening up a savings account with them and would like to hear more about them. Thank you.
65 gallon tank, 3 gallon refugium, 90lbs LR, 50 lbs live sand, Coralife Super Skimmer 125, 24" 250 watt DE Pendant w/14K Hamilton. 1 ocellaris clowns,1 Tomini Tang, 6 line wrasse, 12 turbo grazer snails, 12 nassarius snails, 12 Cerith. Open Brain, Metallic Green Brain, candy cane coral, 1 enchino frags, and 2 maxima clam.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:22 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Ive used ING for 5-6 years now. I have my local checking account linked to my ING account and can transfer money back and forth, but it does take a couple of days. never really had any issues with them, expect for the time I moved, and they put a lock on my account because I had canceled my home phone# and all I had was a cell#. It was weird, I had to send them a copy of my phone bill to show it was really my phone???
Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Yep, have had a Can $ savings account for a number of years and also have a US $ savings account with ING Direct. Better interest rates on savings accounts than any domestic bank. Not a huge difference, but every % point counts IMO. Their savings accounts are DIS (Daily Interest) whereas most domestic banks calculate your interest on the minimum monthly balance. So your money earns interest as soon as it is transferred to an ING account. No monthly service charge either. Also bought into their Streetwise Mutual Funds last year. The MER on their funds is lower than most Mutual Fund companies.

As per Borderjumper, it generally takes a couple of days for transfers to complete between the ING and your other bank account, but that's no problem. Just plan ahead a little and you're good to go. No issues with holds on the account when I moved from Ottawa to Vernon and currently all I have is a cell phone. I guess one of the biggest differences between ING Direct and local banks is that ING has only a couple of actual 'branches' in the country, so you can't easily go to one of their buildings to complain. Having said that, I've never had cause to complain...
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 AM

ReefJunkie is on a distinguished road

About 5 years here, never had a problem, we used it for our down payment fund and now its turned into our vacation fund, great interest rates. Also have a few RSP-GIC's with them.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

I love my ING account, I've had it since I was 18. I've had a few minor problems over the years, but in general its worth it. I've used my account every year to save up my tuition and book money.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 AM

Bryan is on a distinguished road

Great bank to save your money as the ad man says. No service fees etc, and higher interest rates. Recommend them.