Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-26-2014, 11:40 PM

Steve... is on a distinguished road
Default My 220gal Mixed Reef Tank

I had nothing to do this weekend so I decided to upload some random pics of the 220 gal DT taken from my phone. Its been up and running for 2.5 years now and have had many ups and down. Total water volume is about 400 gal which includes the sump. I just started running the ATI Hybrid fixture on this tank and its looking good. Please send me some feedbacks on how I can improve my tank.

Last edited by Steve...; 12-28-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve... View Post
I had nothing to do this weekend so I decided to upload some random pics of the 220 gal DT taken from my phone. Its been up and running for 2.5 years now and have had many ups and down. Total water volume is about 400 gal which includes the sump. I just started running the ATI Hybrid fixture on this tank and its looking good. Please send me some feedbacks on how I can improve my tank.
OMG , this is why I dont post pics of my tank. They are all upside down lol
Old 04-27-2014, 12:02 AM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

Nice tank. Those hybrid ATI are a sweet fixtures. Give us more system details...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

That's neat. How did you get your rocks to stay on the surface like that? That's very original!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
Nice tank. Those hybrid ATI are a sweet fixtures. Give us more system details...
Reef Octopus Skimmer, 2 X TLF Reactor ( Carbon and GFO), 2x Jebao wave maker. My Sump is located in the basement which is really nice for maintenance ! Ill be adding an Apex controller soon and would like to add more SPS into the tank. That being said, maybe a calc reactor or dosing pump will be required later on.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
That's neat. How did you get your rocks to stay on the surface like that? That's very original!
Really? I like your rock work better, I find myself always trying to mess with mine once in a while. Never satisfy with the look lol
Old 04-27-2014, 05:17 PM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve... View Post
Reef Octopus Skimmer, 2 X TLF Reactor ( Carbon and GFO), 2x Jebao wave maker. My Sump is located in the basement which is really nice for maintenance ! Ill be adding an Apex controller soon and would like to add more SPS into the tank. That being said, maybe a calc reactor or dosing pump will be required later on.
I'd get the Apex first before the calcium reactor and doser. The controllability it gives you even from your phone is awesome. There are so many times a day I wish I could do that lol! How are you maintaining your alk, mag and cal levels currently. Unless you plan on adding whole colonies of SPS at once, you should be able to add the reactor and dosers later on. More pic please
Old 04-28-2014, 12:14 AM

Im just manually dosing it each week and testing the levels . Ill try to get better pics later. It took me 2.5 years to post some pics, maybe will have to wait another 2.5 years for the next pics lol

Quote:
I'd get the Apex first before the calcium reactor and doser. The controllability it gives you even from your phone is awesome. There are so many times a day I wish I could do that lol! How are you maintaining your alk, mag and cal levels currently. Unless you plan on adding whole colonies of SPS at once, you should be able to add the reactor and dosers later on. More pic please
Old 04-28-2014, 01:23 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'd get the Apex first before the calcium reactor and doser.
Really? Not me. I'd go for reactor before controller. I ran for a decade without a controller. If I had to manually dose that long, I'd have shut down long ago. That being said, I would plan the Apex for sure, just not ahead of water chemistry.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Really? Not me. I'd go for reactor before controller. I ran for a decade without a controller. If I had to manually dose that long, I'd have shut down long ago. That being said, I would plan the Apex for sure, just not ahead of water chemistry.
ya its a pain to manually dose. Any thoughts on Kalk Wasser ( Spelling)? . Would this be easier?