Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 04-05-2016, 11:54 PM

spedly is on a distinguished road

Well it's starting to break in very nicely. Starting to see a little bit of skim mate in the collection cup. The pump has really quieted down. Last night I was googling "sicce psk-1000 loud" and today I'm finding that the fans on my lights are almost louder than the skimmer. Quite a significant improvement over yesterday.

One thing to add to the discussion about power consumption. The quick start guide recommends a salinity of 1.023-1.025. I run 1.026. Given the information from CoralVue I'm going to reduce my salinity level and see how that affects power consumption.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:01 PM

spedly is on a distinguished road

Power consumption has gone down as the skimmer has broken in. Its down to 48 watts so thats really cool.

It's worth mentioning the excellent customer service and support from CoralVue. I was having a little problem with the venturi. I submitted a ticket through their online help desk and I got a response in under an hour. The person that responded to my ticket was Jeremy, the same fella who does the CoralVue videos on YouTube. He had the answer for me right away and the skimmer is working better than ever.

Highly recommend this skimmer.