Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-13-2014, 02:56 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
That's exactly the kind we like around here!

.. wait, what are we talking about ?

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 11-13-2014, 03:38 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

haha fixed

enjoy
Old 11-23-2014, 05:19 PM
R.I.P.

Took some pics over the weekend and we will post them in the next few days but tank is on cruise control , our large maxima the one that had pinched mantle seems to have made a full recovery and back to his normal self after a few fresh water baths. All our gorgs we added have now finished doing there shedding from going to a new system and look great

A little while ago we had a mishap with the doser and I put the wrong cap on the vinegar bottle instead of an A I put a V on the Alk bottle so I thought it was vinegar ...stupid me set it up and was dosing Alk on a vinegar schedule while another pump was dosing Alk on its reg schedule , dkh went to 14 before we caught it but is now back down and problem rectified . We got a little stn on a couple acros but that has stopped so could have been worse

We are going to be finishing the cabints over Xmas which we are going to be doing I think in stone if not some sort of tile

Funny enough the loudest part of the system and the only thing that can even be heard is the jebao dc pump even on speed 3 it drives me nuts lol the enclosing of the stand should help though

Will post pics soon as well another video
Old 11-23-2014, 05:29 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Just read threw the whe thread and that is so AWESOME i love the idea of a waterfall. Just wondering if you have problems with crabs and snails climbing out?

Maybe i can come take a peak at it sometime soon and get some more corals as well

Looking Great Ruth and Denny
Old 11-23-2014, 05:38 PM
R.I.P.

Glad you like it little buddy , so far we only have a Halloween hermit he stays down low but all the snails hang out of water all day which has been working great at keeping both the waterfall and island clean none on the floor yet but everyone keeps asking if the snails are OK out of water and I say they found their way there themselves lol

Swing by anytime buddy and check it all out , calgary should host a tank tours I'd gladly showoff the waterfall tank and zoanthids beds for anyone who would like to see them
Old 11-23-2014, 08:07 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Glad you like it little buddy , so far we only have a Halloween hermit he stays down low but all the snails hang out of water all day which has been working great at keeping both the waterfall and island clean none on the floor yet but everyone keeps asking if the snails are OK out of water and I say they found their way there themselves lol

Swing by anytime buddy and check it all out , calgary should host a tank tours I'd gladly showoff the waterfall tank and zoanthids beds for anyone who would like to see them
Awesome ill see what my plans are for this week
Old 11-27-2014, 12:03 AM
R.I.P.

tank is crusing along well

lost our bannerfish though which wasnt a big surprise ive never had much luck with them before but was hoping it would be diff but alas it was not

as well our squamosa over the last week has been shut down , i couldnt figure out why but was home most of the day today and found out the issue ....turns out our pair of neon gobies are eating him , they are attacking him every five mins so ill have to set up a small trap and get the little buggers out its not worth losing $800 in clams for $40 in fish lol

on the plus side our large maxima tear drop on the right of the tank has recovered fully from the pinched mantle after some freshwater baths , and the gobies dont seem to be interested yet i the maximas only the squammie lol

here are some pics , i need to invite someone over that has a better camera than my s5 does but till then it gets the job done (kien!!!)

Old 12-15-2014, 06:09 PM

Misses.ReefWars is on a distinguished road

things are doing well , we added the rest of our ricordias puts us at close to 100 shrooms lol as well we added a very large sebae anemone to the family had to move the tube anemone to the back in the dark to make room for the sebae

rock is becoming covered in coraline and everything is healing nicely from the dosing going awol

still at 40mls of vinegar and no readable nitrates or phosphates , still on original batch of gfo and the tank has only seen a couple water changes

flow is a bit of a bitch but we are working on it , still have the koralia in there until we decide what top do

here are some pics and a video coming once it loads

all blues on :

Old 12-15-2014, 06:13 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Ruth I'm still in love with this tank, that being said your photos don't do the tank justice! Colors are SO much more vivid in real life.

When I come over next to grab another frag pack I will bring the Canon!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:52 PM

Misses.ReefWars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoaelite View Post
Ruth I'm still in love with this tank, that being said your photos don't do the tank justice! Colors are SO much more vivid in real life.

When I come over next to grab another frag pack I will bring the Canon!
100% agreed!!! Sitting in front of it zoning into all the beautiful colours and movement aren't captured as well in photos even in videos, I think most reefers will agree to this

Oooeee please do bring along the canon, we could sure use your photography expertise ;ppp

Tags
fijireefrock, pukani