Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 AM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road
Default 09/10 NHL Season you Fav's and Predictions

Ok as Hockey season is just around the corner,what are your favorite teams and why and what is your predictions for Stanley Cup.

My first team is the Flames. I think the off season moves they made were good. Sutter as coach should make our Dmen actually play more D this year and help give Kipper a hand.
Seem Jokinen will be seeing more ice with Iggy and hopefully they can click. J-BO was a fantastic pick up!! DO NOT START KIPPER 76 TIMES!!! If the D play and forwards come back we can afford McE to show us what he really has. Calgary should be considered a Cup contender this year. I predict they win the Cup this year.

My Second Team is the Flyers,they should be better then last year and I'm thinking they will end up somewhere near the top in the East,but only go 2 or 3 rounds in the playoffs.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 AM

Zylumn is on a distinguished road

1) Flames
2) Oilers
3) Canucks

But If I had to bet in Vegas my life savings on a team (pound for pound) I would pick SJ Sharks
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

although Calgary will one day get a true NHL team, I think San jose is going to be the team to watch especialy after saturdays trade. they have alway been a tough team and now they will be that much harder.

other than that, Edmonton made a few good trades and are starting to get there young guys going so maybe we'll see them off and running this year.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:21 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Canucks are my fave.

Watch out for Calgary, Chicago, Detroit and San Jose in the west and Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Washington in the east.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Does anybody think #14 has as serious chance of making the Flames roster? I think it would be great to see him do it, but I have my doubts that he will be able to keep up.

Last edited by Treebeard; 09-14-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:31 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

I've always been a flyer's fan, not sure what will happen with them. All depends on how Emery performs. I still like to support the Canadian teams and always hope they all make it into the playoffs. The summer rumble between Bettman & Balsillies will hopefully be over soon, and who knows maybe one more.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:59 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

I'm a huge Oiler's fan, and think they can get back in the playoffs this year, but is anybody going to be able to knock off the Penguins when they haven't changed their roster much this offseason? I don't think so.
I think the west is ready for a new team to make it to the finals though. I think it's pretty wide open as to who that will be. My pick is Chicago, but Detroit, San Jose, and Vancouver have a pretty good shot as well, although I think Pittsburgh could take any of them.
As for Fluery, I don't think he has a shot of playing anywhere in the NHL. I think they're giving him an invite out of respect, and hopefully he'll realize that he is out of place.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:55 PM

subman is on a distinguished road

I am a die hard Oiler fan and I see them making the playoffs but just barely like usual. The Flames season still rests solely on Kippers shoulders, I'm still not sold on the Canucks they should be decent but the Sisters need to prove more. I think the teams to beat in the west are:
1. Chicago
2. San Jose
3. Detroit

Teams to watch for are LA and Columbus. La should make a huge leap this year and Columbus will continue to rise.

My other summer hobby:
http://www.edkra.ca
Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM

bill_e is on a distinguished road
Default Um duh! The canucks!

im thinking were better then any other team posted on here ..(sorry calgary,edmonton,sanjose,philly,) maybe next year! go CANUCKS !
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 PM

Fox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_e View Post
im thinking were better then any other team posted on here ..(sorry calgary,edmonton,sanjose,philly,) maybe next year! go CANUCKS !
Hehe...based on???