Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-08-2014, 05:46 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Took me a couple more looks then I would like to admit lol pbs is great by the way.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:18 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

There. Are. FOUR. LIGHTS!!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 PM

So, I put that image on my phone and handed it over to my wife. I watched her stare at it for a long time. A very very long time. She must've read it maybe 50 times! LOL. For the record, my wife finished high school at the top of her class. I had to prompt her "read carefully" before she figured it out.

Also for the record, I figured it out the first time I read it and I did not finish anywhere near the top of my class.

So here is my theory. I read at probably a grade 5 level LOL. I'm serious btw. I read ridiculously slow. My wife on the other hand can speed read through a novel pretty quick. So to me the people who are missing it are the ones who can actually read fairly quickly (or normally).
Old 06-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
So, I put that image on my phone and handed it over to my wife. I watched her stare at it for a long time. A very very long time. She must've read it maybe 50 times! LOL. For the record, my wife finished high school at the top of her class. I had to prompt her "read carefully" before she figured it out.

Also for the record, I figured it out the first time I read it and I did not finish anywhere near the top of my class.

So here is my theory. I read at probably a grade 5 level LOL. I'm serious btw. I read ridiculously slow. My wife on the other hand can speed read through a novel pretty quick. So to me the people who are missing it are the ones who can actually read fairly quickly (or normally).
Haha, really,... you figured it out the first time?! You are the first person that I know of that did that. Quite a few the 2nd time, but not with the 1st look.

You might be right that people who speed read (and skip read) are more prone to that. I know that I do that,... had to back in school, just to get through the enormous amount of text reading necessary in those days. Had to be very good at filtering, and catching what's important and relevant.

A very good technique I learned was to highlight with stickers and yellow markers and then review periodically until it stuck and allowed almost instant recall with just a glance. That way I could review a book in about 15 min that initially took me maybe 2 hours. Sure saved a lot of time at exam time... And I still do that, if it is something important that I need to know, as for example with my flying hobby.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 PM

When I tell people that I am a slow reader they really do underestimate how slow I read. I read probably 1 word per second LOL. When I read the Paris sentence the error pretty much lept out at me. Try reading it one word per second and you will see what I mean :-)

And ya, I was always that kid who finished the test last.. Because it took me so long to read the test questions. In fact, I rarely ever finished language arts or social studies tests.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Well, fast reading certainly didn't guarantee high marks for me... But sure gave me lots more time to party,... haha. Was not the most responsible student in my early years... Thankfully, I buckled down later on. And as everyone, sure wish I knew better then what I know now.

But back to the brain, it certainly seems to have a mind of its own,... haha. Pun intended...
Old 06-08-2014, 10:57 PM

toytech is on a distinguished road

I brained my damage when I was older so I don't get it?
Old 06-08-2014, 11:41 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytech View Post
I brained my damage when I was older so I don't get it?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:09 AM

ReEf BoSs is on a distinguished road

Here is some help for all you slow readers lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2431322.html
Old 06-09-2014, 03:19 AM

toytech is on a distinguished road

A whole word at a time , do they have an American version that does letters at a time or just shows some pictures that are nice instead ,you know, in case reading is a bit advanced for you.