Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Mad Jelly Corals

Old 09-21-2013, 04:04 AM
Vendor

MadJellyCorals is on a distinguished road
Default MJC "BIG BOOTY" Contest!!!

MADJELLYCORALS "BIG BOOTY" Contest

MJC is doing a random draw contest, the winner will get this 5 fuzzy acro pack : Sunset millie, Palmer blue millie, Green millie , DV Pomegranate millie and Fire & Ice Prostrata. This contest will end Sunday Oct 6th, we will do video of us drawing the winner!!!

From our experience in this hobby, the most important lesson we learnt is.....

We love our sumps and we believe the bigger the better Show us your messy, dirty and unorganized booty.....props to you if your booty is as awesome as TheGrizzz!!!......be proud of it and show us what you got. Who said your booty cant get you free corals!!!

KICKER
Like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MadJellyCorals and comment+like this photo https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater and we will do a another random draw with all the people who like and comment on this photo for a $25 MJC gift card. (this "KICKER" will be a multiple forum contest)

The Prize (Donated by MR. DV)

The Rules
1. Take a picture of your sump.
2. State one thing you would change about it.
3. Post the picture in this thread.
4. If you dont have a sump dont worry, post your dream sump.

Note
We can only ship the frag pack out if you make a coral order with us(group buys are welcome). the frag pack will expire within 30 days after the winners are announced.

HAVE FUN GUYS and GAlS

Last edited by MadJellyCorals; 09-21-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:26 AM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

It would be nice to somehow cram a refugium into the small foot print of my sump
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

The things I would change are a 1 foot longer sump, my socks before my skimmer, and have a fuge that trickles from the drain line and drains to the return chamber

And a better protected electrical panel

Old 09-21-2013, 10:14 AM

Spyd is on a distinguished road

Only thing I wish is that I made my skimmer section a little larger. I ended up having to cut out a baffle to fit my Big butt skimmer!

Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 PM

Torx is on a distinguished road

I would love to change it all, and plan on doing a customer build for size to optimize room and fit better under my stand. But for the current one, I would like to have an actual auto top off. Right now it is just a gravity fed system with a float valve.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:53 PM

fury165 is on a distinguished road

Here is my sump when I was setting up. I wish The stand was taller and the sump had a bigger chamber for the skimmer.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:23 PM

Masonjames is on a distinguished road

Attachment 11921
Attachment 11922

Things I would change. It takes up allot of real estate in the basement and its a pretty big eye sore. Rodi is in another room so hauling top off and then lifting it near ceiling height really blows. Actually despite its hacked together appearance, I cant complain, super simple layout and equip, and does its job very well! Easy to work on/in and easy to keep clean and tidy. Hate filter socks, but love what they do, so maybe someday, next tank, have a settling chamber instead of socks. Lots id change appearance wise, or things to make my job easier but this big ugly sump works fantastic for me and my tank as it is. And I have lots of room left over to grow as my needs grow or change.

Last edited by Masonjames; 09-07-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 PM

carriej is on a distinguished road

Good lord. You guys put my little crappy sump to shame!

I only wish I had half the sump you guys have, lol.

My sump is only 30", I would really like to have one about double that size. As you can see, all it houses are a protein skimmer, a few pieces of live rock and a pump. It's also pretty filthy too ... And covered in little featherdusters and spirorbid worms

Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Here's mine. Although the sump houses what I need. I am planning on having a remote ato tank to make room for ca reactor

Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 AM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

WOW I have total sump envy from a couple of those^^^^
I have already re-plumbed since this picture was taken and switched out the SWC 120 for an Avast CS1 but what I really wish I could change is the location.... I want a basement so I can have a sump/fish room.