Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 AM

Sea Witch is on a distinguished road
Default Breeding Question

I know that there are several marine (aquarium) fish that have been captive bred and I'm familiar with the breeders' registry, etc.

My question is are there any fish or crabs or shrimp that have reproduced in a reef aquarium without the help (or interference) of the human? i.e. no separate breeder tanks or raising fry with special foods etc. I mean young that reached adulthood or at least beyond the juvenile stage......?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 AM

vaporize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vaporize

mysid shrimp
Red Sea, Black Saddleback, Brown Camel, Orange Fin, Melanistic Clarkii, Common Clarkii, True Percula, True Picassco, Pink Skunk, Orange Skunk, Maldives Clown, TRUE Sebae clown, Akin Clown, Gold Striped Maroon, White Striped Maroon, Latezonatus
Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 AM

High tide is on a distinguished road

Bangaii Cardinals.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:53 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

we have several generations of peppermint shrimp in one of the tanks at the shop......there has never been any fish in that tank so the fry (if thats what shrimp babies are called) have a chance to make it.....no special feeding just some ocean fresh plankton every once in a while for the adults......cleaner shrimp breed easily too
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 PM

chandigz is on a distinguished road

Ya my bengaii cardnals used to breed all the time. To much tho. My male would have a mouth full of eggs/babies 20-24 days out of a month. It really took a toll on him only eating a couple days a month. I'd find the babies in my skimmer going round and round or in my sump.