Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 AM

tidal_waters is on a distinguished road

Well its been awhile and figured I would throw up some new shots of some zoo's and the odd SPS shot. My tank is still recovering from whatever happened a couple of months ago but things are starting to turn for the better.

Got a frag of this from Argentiner awhile ago, and lost 90% of it to RTN and grew this out again

And a pink milli I lost all but a smear on a plug that's finally making a comeback

Thanks for looking
Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 AM

And my FTS to date, you can see how I lost quite a bit of color in some corals.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 AM

JetJumper is on a distinguished road

Sweet tank man! I am curious about something you have in your sump from your earlier posts. whats the container on the wood on top of your sump? Phyto?

Also the mystery hitchhiker you had posted a picture about (I didn't see any replies to it) but it almost looks like a Coralliocaris spp. Just thought I would toss that out there.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJumper View Post
Sweet tank man! I am curious about something you have in your sump from your earlier posts. whats the container on the wood on top of your sump? Phyto?

Also the mystery hitchhiker you had posted a picture about (I didn't see any replies to it) but it almost looks like a Coralliocaris spp. Just thought I would toss that out there.

That was my refugium, which is currently offline. Figured it was a little overkill with the biopellets
Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Just a little update! After a vacation/tank sitter near miss, I've lost three fish, a near tank crash and a flooded basement ceiling. My tank sitter apparently was messing around with things and had closed off my return ball valve separating off my sump from my display, thankfully my heater is in my display! Then as I was stepping in the door, he greets me with towels in hand and tells me one of my reactors hoses slipped off spilling a few gallons of water onto the floor, flowing through the heating vents into the ceiling in the basement causing a bunch of damage. After a few water changes, a great landlord repairing our ceiling without any costs, and a reactor overhaul things are turning around pretty good!

In the overhaul I decided to take the bio pellets reactor offline and just run GFO and carbon. Since then alot of my corals have been showing great color improvements leading me to the conclusion that Bio pellets are the devil! LOL!

Anyways here's some updated shots! Enjoy