Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

View Poll Results: Survival rate on shipped frags
100% made it 19 38.78%
more than half, but not all 18 36.73%
less than half survived. 12 24.49%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2009, 02:29 AM

ShrimSkin is on a distinguished road

You know I have ordered a lot online, only had a problem once.... With that vendor that this group buy was for. I just don't think the buyer should have to pay for shipping on the new frags that replace the dead ones. It's not the buyers fault, why should they have to pay.

And I paid a lot more than 10 bux a piece when I ordered a while back!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:30 AM

Flash is on a distinguished road

SAY WHAT?? I am not paying shipping.... if that's the case I'll take my money back.. not my fault they died.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

I've ordered from Calgary and Toronto and had no major problems. I have had frags come off their bases and had frags broken, but no losses.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:45 AM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

I recently did two frag orders, one from Coral Master, out of 23 frags I had two Blue Sky Acros rtn within days of arrival, everything else is doing good, the second frag order was from Fragalot, 25 frags, lost 3 on arrival (bags broke in shipping) and 3 the next day, there are two looking questionable and the rest look good. I guess you get what you pay for, the Coral master order was well packaged and still warm on arrival (Purolator), the Fragalot order showed up cold and leaking (Fed-ex) (almost the exact same shipping time) I don't think I will be doing anymore mail orders, I can appreciate the fact there are people selling reasonably priced frags, but that is over $100.00 in losses in just two orders.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 AM

iansfishy is on a distinguished road

I get everything from ocean aquatics (livestock and dry goods). I can phone in the morning and have the stuff in my tank that day. It gets put on a pacific coastal airlines. what more could you want. And im pretty sure wendell has a 10 or 7 day guarantee. I wouldnt know Ive never lost anything from them!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansfishy View Post
I get everything from ocean aquatics (livestock and dry goods). I can phone in the morning and have the stuff in my tank that day. It gets put on a pacific coastal airlines. what more could you want. And im pretty sure wendell has a 10 or 7 day guarantee. I wouldnt know Ive never lost anything from them!
thats great if you live near the airport LOL. BTW, what time does it usually come in? Thats good to know they get flown same day.

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

IMO its ALL about the packaging.. I mean like how can a bag break in shipping? It just cant happen if they are packaged properly.

Ive ordered 3 or 4 times from Coral Master with 100% live arrival every time.. even when one shipment was misplaced for 24 hours. The frags were triple bagged (labeled with proper names) packed tightly and shipped in a proper stryofoam lined shipping box with heat packs added.

I ordered once from Fragalot. The box leaked so badly that the box fell apart. UPS had to rebox it somewhere along the way and all I got was empty plugs. The frags were replaced and this time the box was so wet that UPS called me and delivered it with a garbage bag wrapped around the box as it was leaking so badly. 1/2 the frags lived. This wouldnt happen if a proper stryofoam box had been used.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 AM

not the breaking in my case, It's greyhound shipping them 4 hrs further North, having them sit on a loading dock for 2 days, then ship the frozen package to me, with the Live Fish RUSH decals all over the box. Then say OOPS, Sorry........

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 AM

iansfishy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
thats great if you live near the airport LOL. BTW, what time does it usually come in? Thats good to know they get flown same day.
I dont know what time. Its kinda all over the place. The crappy thing is that the house that my family lives in 75% of the time, and the home to my "favourite" tank, is an hour from town, so I do have to coincide any orders with a "town" day! No delivery in the sticks! Being any more in the sticks than williams lake to start with is saying alot.( My wife and I pulled a very unhappy bull moose out of the ice yesterday with two very trustung horses,and lost two good ropes in the process! I seen that danm moose trying to cross again this afternoon. hes on his own this time! That shows how in the sticks we are at times!) Your probably closer to the airport than I am Dan! Wow that went way off topic. (superbowl whiskeys are the culprit!)
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 AM

LOL, Ya thats gettin in the sticks. Im about 20 minutes out of 100 Mile. I woulda tied the rope to the moose's neck and...oops, look, we got Moose roasts now HAHAHAHA but really, thats cool, pullin him out. Dumb arse moose LOL

Umm, a tank or 5