Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 09-03-2012, 02:05 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

I dont understand how you could spend hundreds trying to purchase a wild SSC colony and the next minute want to give up on SPS.

I'm glad you changed your mind...SPS are very rewarding but perhaps you just move to fast. Remember nothing good happens fast in a reef tank and this is especially true for an SPS tank.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:21 AM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
I dont understand how you could spend hundreds trying to purchase a wild SSC colony and the next minute want to give up on SPS.

I'm glad you changed your mind...SPS are very rewarding but perhaps you just move to fast. Remember nothing good happens fast in a reef tank and this is especially true for an SPS tank.
Money isnt the main factor otherwise I wouldnt still be in this hobby, I have a lot on my mind right now and worrying about things dying off in my tank is the last thing I need on top of everything else. A lot of things happen fast in a reef tank but its usually just the bad stuff, lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:29 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
worrying about things dying off in my tank is the last thing I need on top of everything else
That was kinda what I was saying. If things aren't in tip top shape you should be slowing things down and getting back to basics.....not dealing with a freshly shipped large wild colony. Those are hard to keep in the best of tanks.

Just friendly advice (most of us are guilty of moving too fast at some point).

Quote:
A lot of things happen fast in a reef tank but its usually just the bad stuff, lol.
so true.