Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures > POTM Entries & Votings

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Sorry but you're wrong, myself winning once should be testament to that
If that's the case I should have won, but then again you're only half as abrasive as I am. lol. I did get three votes this time.... Thanks to those three.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 PM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
Mm nope you were right the first time. I see plenty of amazing photos get passed by for a photo taken by a popular member. It's a shame, some stunning stuff gets posted in these by lots of different people.
hav to agree here its just how it is tho
Old 02-05-2014, 11:55 PM

Vvvvvvvv
Old 02-05-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
If that's the case I should have won, but then again you're only half as abrasive as I am. lol. I did get three votes this time.... Thanks to those three.
Hold on never mind my pic kind of sucked.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott tang View Post
hav to agree here its just how it is tho
How do you guys define "popular" around here? Post count? Reputation count ? I need to know because I want to be popular too!

While I totally agree that there are people who will vote for their friend or simply for the person they like more, not everyone does. Like you said though, in part, it's sort of the nature of the beast. Really no different than more important voting systems like say, an election. In any given election there will be people who will vote for their friend or just simply a candidate they like more rather than the candidate they might actual feel is more qualified based on the quality of their platform.

I guess what I'm getting at is that no one should feel that their submission is wasted simply because they feel that someone more "popular" than them is going to get more votes. History has proven that this is simply not true. Sphelps is very UNPOPULAR and he has won several POTMS. lastlight is very popular (based on his post and reputation count) and he consistently loses POTM.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 AM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

if people know and like you then you popular i dont want to start any arguements as thats never the intention but there was just a pic of a tank a few potm ago just the tank you couldnt see any corls or fish but it was the member that posted it that got an incredable amout of votes for a pic you couldnt see any thing in
Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
if people know and like you then you popular
by that definition then virtually everyone here is popular, except for Steve. And Steve has won lots of POTM so there, it's not a popularity contest at all, see :-)
Old 02-06-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
if people know and like you then you popular i dont want to start any arguements as thats never the intention but there was just a pic of a tank a few potm ago just the tank you couldnt see any corls or fish but it was the member that posted it that got an incredable amout of votes for a pic you couldnt see any thing in
Also, while I completely agree that people do get votes from their friends as I've already stated, I'm sure that they also get legitimate votes from people who simply feel that their photo best captured the subject of the POTM.

I purposefully try to make some of the monthly subjects very open to interpretation which is why sometimes we get a huge array of photo subjects. This is done on purpose in an attempt to be inclusive. As a result, you'll get lots of photos that you may feel doesn't capture the subject, but you will also get lots of people who will feel that it does. For example, last month's subject, "New & Noteworthy." Well, that can mean just about anything! It could have been a picture of an MP40 powerhead. No livestock at all! That's perfectly fine because the subject is meant to be open ended and completely open to your interpretation, whatever that might be.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Gold Member

Tn23 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this is the right size but I'll resize if not. Here's some "love" in my tank

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/...ps33c41b28.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 01:10 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty23 View Post
Not sure if this is the right size but I'll resize if not. Here's some "love" in my tank

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
Got to get my popularity up, apparently it's all that matters
Closed Thread