Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 12-22-2013, 04:46 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately the majority rule when it comes to getting marketing insight when developing a new product, and the market determined very early on majority want internal pumps for space saving. If that means the odd sale is lost for those that want external then of course there are other brands.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:40 PM

Dyspnea is on a distinguished road

Good too hear where things stand, I'll likely be looking for a bubble magus
Old 12-22-2013, 10:24 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Unfortunately the majority rule when it comes to getting marketing insight when developing a new product, and the market determined very early on majority want internal pumps for space saving. If that means the odd sale is lost for those that want external then of course there are other brands.
I agree with space saving issues for some.

I intentionally built my sump to accommodate skimmers and a future upgrade if needed.

As I mentioned, I'm sure it's a good product.

How many people actually make up the "majority"?

If its the Canreef bunch, it's a very small audience. Hence the majority of skimmers having external pumps. I'm sure these huge companies have also done some research.

I would still like a video of the two minute maintenance.

Best of luck! Nice seeing initiative to develop something different. Whether its my cup of tea or not.

Thanks for the reply.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.

Last edited by paddyob; 12-22-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:30 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

thats funny cause after owning a model with the pump internally ill never go back to an external.

i maybe cleaned out my body and pump once a year and the couple of minutes it takes to unscrew the bottom i find is not bad at all, in fact with the pump enclosed i actually find it to be cleaned less often then my old skimmers were

after a year of use i still think the csc lines are top of the line and i prefer them over the vertex omega lines or even some of the dc lines , with that said im not a huge BM fan so i hope the new lines live up to the old or even surpass
Old 12-22-2013, 11:17 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I see your point Denny. But asides from the pump staying "cleaner" and a smaller foot print...

Who knows... If my built like a tank euro reef RS100 ever lets me down ill look closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
thats funny cause after owning a model with the pump internally ill never go back to an external.

i maybe cleaned out my body and pump once a year and the couple of minutes it takes to unscrew the bottom i find is not bad at all, in fact with the pump enclosed i actually find it to be cleaned less often then my old skimmers were

after a year of use i still think the csc lines are top of the line and i prefer them over the vertex omega lines or even some of the dc lines , with that said im not a huge BM fan so i hope the new lines live up to the old or even surpass

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.