Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 AM

Chad is on a distinguished road
Default Micro Bubbles

ok, I need some help.. I cannot figure out why I am getting bubbles in my plumbing. Everything seems to be completely leak free, ie: no salt creep on any of my plumbing fittings.. but whenever a pump starts, I have an alternating closed loop, it always blasts massive bubbles into the tank. Plus on occasion a steady stream of bubbles will poor out of the outputs.. everything is under water.. I just don't see where the air is coming in from..

Anyone have a clue????

Old 10-20-2008, 05:25 AM

spoot is on a distinguished road

The steady stream of bubbles could be from your skimmer. I had this problem too but now I have my skimmer output out of the water and facing up and almost negligible amout of bubbles in my tank.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoot View Post
The steady stream of bubbles could be from your skimmer. I had this problem too but now I have my skimmer output out of the water and facing up and almost negligible amout of bubbles in my tank.
Definitely not the skimmer. It is in my sump and it is a low flow sump, no bubbles leave the sump.. so thats not an issue.. I has something to do with my CL setup.. Lots of 90 degree elbows, maybe the air just builds up?? I really don't get it.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 AM

surgeonfish is on a distinguished road

Have you had this problem from the start? I see your tank is relatively new. I think most new tanks have this problem, but should only last a few days or weeks at most.
Shane
300 gal starphire custom built in pentagon reef (+90 gal sump on Blue Line 100 HD return pump, 210lb LR, Euro-Reef RC250 skimmer, 2x400W MH, 2x28W compacts, 2xTurbelle classic 4002 pumps & Turbelle Stream 6100 on 7095 Multicontroller, running ZEOvit)

Livestock
Fish: damsels; sailfin, yellow, regal & naso tangs; ocellaris & tomato clowns; lyretail anthias; foxface lo; flame angelfish
corals: a few
Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeonfish View Post
Have you had this problem from the start? I see your tank is relatively new. I think most new tanks have this problem, but should only last a few days or weeks at most.
Shane
The problem has been from the get go. The CL has been running for a while, (before the tank was officially running).. So its been going for about 5+ months.. I have been trying to figure out the bubbles since then.

It seems like air is leaking in somewhere.. I just cannot imagine where. Would you not get salt creep even in the smallest of holes in your joints?