Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
I didn't have a lot of time to pick and choose since I was on a tight timeline on a house hunting trip from back east. I had a week to view homes, make a decision, get an inspection, make an offer, etc etc etc.
sounds like you did the same company move I did. although I did go up a few weekends befor my HHT as I am only a days drive away.. still looked at over 27 houses in 2.5 days then had to get a offer in so I could get everything else done in my 7 day trip.

on a side not although my home inspector didn't inspect the furnace and hot water heater, he did look at them, discern the age and modle ect.. and did recomend I get some one into look at them as they are at the normal life span age.. so although they can't inspect everything a good one will give you a good idea on the stuff he didn't fully inspect.. like it has been said there is only so much they can do in a 2-3 hour inspection, then after that the also spend anywhere from 1 to 3 hours with the buyer to explain everything. mine started at 8am and we got out of there at almost 2pm. as I had never had gas heating or hot water he did specnd a lot of time going over the workings and problems to watch for. ( I didn't have the hear to tell him I work on boilers the size of a two story house for a living as he was generly trying to be helpfull and make sure I was informed.) another thing to watch out for is a home inspector who will offer to fix things he finds, this is non partial and against the home inspectors board of BC rules.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 06-30-2009 at 02:46 AM.