Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 PM

nats is on a distinguished road
Default not happy with vendor

Just looking for suggestions.
I placed an order for some coral from a canreef vendor. Box was delivery by fedex the next morning as indicated from vendor. The box arrived soaking wet. I quickly called vendor before cutting the fedex guy loose as I did not want to accept the package. The vendor said quote "just accept the package and anything that is DOA I will replace " I quickly opened the box to find 5 out of 8 bags with corals completely empty of water. The bags were not damaged. ALL the water leaked out of the bags VIA the knott!!!! I could not believe that someone would have really thought that this would have held any water
I quickly placed corals in a bucket of tank water as I had no water from the bags to slowly climatize them properly. When I opened the first bag the smell was so bad I had to do this out side. And the temprature of the items in the box was really high. Anyways most things died. A few survivors but just hanging in. Sent vendor pic's. Said everything looked alive There was nothing he could do. Anyways I'm out a few hundred dollars and the worst part is these poor corals died because someone did not know or care about packing them.
Im out a few hundred dollars. Any suggestions? Please
Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Did you pay by credit card? Have them reverse charges if you can. Also, expect to receive lots of PMs so you can relate your story with all the particulars.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road
Default Rules

I believe your best bet at this point is to continue with the vendor, trying to come to a solution. If your very displeased and believe that you shouldn't have to pay for any of it then technically you could contact PayPal or your credit card company and see if they can reverse the charge (of course with this time is of the essence).
Levi

Last edited by Aquattro; 08-08-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: sarcasm
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Seems they haven't changed then..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:50 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
Seems they haven't changed then..

I was hoping their packaging had gotten better, I guess it hasnt. Mine arrived in a soaked unlined cardboard box, they were packed in cheap ziplock baggies. What wasnt dead didnt even resemble the pictures that had been posted. I was very dissapointed.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Why is it that a company thats been around a long time and ships frags a lot, can't spend the extra money on elastics?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:07 PM

I also forgot to add. The moon coral was coverd in GHA
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Why is it that a company thats been around a long time and ships frags a lot, can't spend the extra money on elastics?
Some times companys focus a little to much on profit and then the customers suffer, it sounds like theres kind of a general dislike for this vendor though so in reality are they not just shooting themselves in the foot?
Levi
Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
I also forgot to add. The moon coral was coverd in GHA
Thats just gross!

Its too bad that this particular vendor can't seem to get up to par with some of the other fantastic vendors we have. It only helps us more as a hobby when we have more options.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 PM

Holly Cow Guys,
I have over 30pms and everyone is saying the same thing. I cant believe this has happened to so many people here from the same vendor.
Closed Thread