Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

View Poll Results: Would you like an increase in LIVESTOCK budget?
No. Leave the budget as is. 4 22.22%
$50 Increase. 4 22.22%
$100 Increase. 8 44.44%
$150 Increase. 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

I'm having fun...and in the end you have the tank, you decide what you do and you enjoy it...I like my little tank and am going to have fun making it look great and stay healthy...that's the main idea. So have fun with it!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
I'm just wondering when this contest is going to be fun? All this arguing, coupled with smiley emoticons and passive-aggressive crap is ruining my impression of this whole @^@#$ thing. Who wants my $20 entry fee? I'm about to step out.
Well I'm having fun and I think Wes joined because he saw he was missing out on all this entertainment. A little debate is good for everyone and judging by the views we get on some of these threads others are definitely enjoying all this as well. You can't seriously be that sheltered were a little debate and a few smiley's make you run home to mommy This is all fun stuff what would you rather talk about? Rainbows and unicorns?
If you can't tell, I'm just kidding
Old 10-31-2008, 05:09 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

I work with teenage prostitutes and drug addicts, and the last thing I need on Canreef is more bickering. And the smilies don't hide the antagonism and aggravation behind much of the "debate"...so no, it's not enjoyable for me. Sorry.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

agreed i was in the dark when i got back from vegas . i had no interest in reading updated threads due to all the BS that has started.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:29 PM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
.Rainbows and unicorns?
That would be different.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:35 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
I'm just wondering when this contest is going to be fun? All this arguing, coupled with smiley emoticons and passive-aggressive crap is ruining my impression of this whole @^@#$ thing. Who wants my $20 entry fee? I'm about to step out.
I'm having fun

Every debate/discussion is beneficial and builds you either by reinforcing what you already know or making you realize that you might need to rethink something... in either case you're better off. People learn by discussion which includes debate which is PART of the reason these forums like this exist, so we all can learn. So far I've learned about more than just fish And generally when people always agree nothing changes... and then things would never improve... we've got so much important stuff ironed out so that in the future there will slowly be less and less problem sources.

If you don't like the debate/discussion you don't have to participate... just build your tank... but I don't really understand how you have problems with discussions like this and then you contribute something completely unproductive like the above statement^.

Last edited by Doug; 10-31-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:36 PM

We all make our own beds and do what we do for a reason, some people like helping others but you can't expect special treatment for it. Nobody's forcing anyone to participate in any of these discusions or even read them for that matter. So if you don't enjoy reading something the obvious solution would be to....

The earth revolves around the sun, not individual people and their opinions.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 PM

+1

Last edited by Doug; 10-31-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:51 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Ridiculous AND offensive.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Last edited by Doug; 10-31-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:05 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Seriously... I absolutely do NOT want you to drop out.

That being said I don't mind a good discussion or even debate... and to be perfectly honest I think you don't mind one either or you wouldn't be playing the "devils advocate" as often as you do and so clearly state.

So there are a few hiccups and a few rule changes... it's the first go around... lets just weather the storm and I'm sure we'll all have a good time

Last edited by Doug; 10-31-2008 at 09:44 PM.