Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Mad Jelly Corals

Old 11-03-2013, 07:14 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road
Default Mad Jelly Is Ill!!

Ill in a totally sick way!!! Like sick is good, not really sick. *cough* Let me explain:

I've been at the office for very long hours lately and I can't get home early on the day of a package arriving. So this time I arranged to have a MJC package delivered to my father's office. Clever right? Well not if your father gave you the wrong address and then verified it later on. So you use this address feeling assured that it would arrive safe and sound in a heated office where people would know how to treat it with care. And so it begins.

Tony txt'd me frantically asking me to verify the address etc because there was a delivery exception and the package was heading back to the depot (the complete opposite side of Calgary from me). I call my father, yes there's people in the office etc. OK make him try again because the driver's wrong or you gave him the wrong address. Another delivery attempt...

Tony is hanging in there with me as this (expensive) package goes all over town on a truck to who knows where and when. I give FedEx my cell # and ask that the driver call me. Amazingly he does right in the middle of a meeting with my boss. I describe the physical building the ones near it etc. Something clicks with the driver and he asks shouldn't that zero be a nine? No, I confirmed it, I'll google it for you. I google the business and the address pops up with a nine.... I apologize about fifty times to Tony and the FedEx driver without getting upset at my father; hey he's still doing me a big favour.

The package ends up touring a couple houses before I get it, completely certain that the more fragile specimens are toasted... I'm a flurry of scissors and jugs of water and drips and water getting everywhere. Unbelievably the hardier corals pop out of the dips and continue on in my tank like they are stretching their legs after a long flight. The two most expensive are a God of War 6p frag and a dual neon tube nem don't look like they're doing too good. So I wait and wait.

By the time I'm ready for bed every piece looks like it did on the MJC website. And now I give you:

Pink Chalice:

Yuma Number 9:

God of (R)WAR:

The Loco Coco Worm:

The Wonderful Dual Neon Tube:

Amazing that my favourite one also managed to be the worst picture isn't it?

Thank you very much Tony for the excellent service you provided. Outstanding help with my muck up. No question I will repeat when I see that something special that MJC always seems to have.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:05 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

No problem Shawn! All the hard work is paid off once you told me everything was opening up in the tank!

~Tony