Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-17-2008, 07:30 PM

Powertec is on a distinguished road

I like this forum even if the vendors don't want to be apart of it.
I find it funny that a vendor can post all of the positive feedback on the site but don't like if someone posts negative.

I see the point that another vendor can be negative about other vendors, as I have posted send me your pm's about vendors, and i have had vendors pm me about what they have ordered from competition and how i should not order from them, I think vendors shouldn't worry if the positve outways the negative.all in all i like the ratings and good job christy.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:38 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

I don't envy the mods job at all, it appears to be a losing battle to keep anyone happy

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
I don't envy the mods job at all, it appears to be a losing battle to keep anyone happy
No kidding. A couple of negative ratings, and they're hiding under rocks
Old 08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer View Post
What I might suggest to vendors is that they email out a satisfaction/performance survey to each customer they sell to or deal with, surely this cannot be too much to ask. Or is it? This also provides proof that they asked if the customer was happy or not.

Keep in mind someone's satisfaction level may be based on service received before entering into any sale, and may not have bought anything after being disappointed in the service.

Therefore, a survey isn't going to cut it.

It's laughable, to me anyway, that a vendor can be upset about having one poor rating with dozens of positive ratings. That gets my vote for unsatisfied right there
Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
Kindly remove wickedfrags.com from this vendor rating forum until controls are in place to ensure people leaving comments are accountable for their comments.

Like some others, I have spent considerable time time trying to establish an online feedback system on canada.frags.org which I provide a link to in my signature attached to every post I make (you can click on it below...)

Individuals who leave any type of feedback on this system (either above or below the average feedback rating) can be traced back to their username, IP address and network card from the computer they used. I can then find out if they are in fact a customer or simply a loyal customer of another sponsor, again, should I see fit under the circumstances. Thanks.

Dave,

Since you don't want feedback posted on this site I have removed all posts where I previously commented on frags I purchased from you from this site.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:33 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Coral Master is willing to be critiqued on this rating forum, customer accountability or not. I always follow up with online sales to confirm that things at the very least have met customer expectations. That is the best time for customers to complain if there is an issue, not say everything is fine and then later act like it wasn't. That said, I am for the most part pleased with the rating system but I would just appreciate if/when a customer isn't satisfied they give me an opportunity to correct the problem. My goal is to have 100% very satisfied customers but it seems impossible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time so I can only worry about what is actually in my control and perform my due diligence. I would also like to add that whoever those few customers are that were not satisfied, please get in touch with me. At Coral Master it's never too late to nmake things right.
Mods keep up the good work, we appreciate all you do!
I am not sure I really understand what "neutral" votes are supposed to mean?? Are they saying they are indifferent and don't have an opinion? Sorry I guess since I almost always have an opinion and more than often voice it I just don't get that option.

Greg

Last edited by Snappy; 08-17-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

LOL This is hysterical.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent F View Post
Dave,

Since you don't want feedback posted on this site I have removed all posts where I previously commented on frags I purchased from you from this site.
Have to agree, although I completely respect wickedfrags decision to pull out from our Canreef rating scale I believe that as a vendor you should have nothing to hide. If everyone on canadafrags.ca is raving that you provide excellent service then it should be the same here on canreef. I personally have made the decision to not purchase product from vendors on the site that choose not to have there services rated. When it comes down to the bottom line, if you practice good business etiquette and make sure your customers are happy then you have nothing to worry about. Yes vendors should be stopped from posting on other vendors and yes the votes should be monitored (This is canreef though and the mods do an amazing job of it!) but to say that no one can rate you because you believe you always provide 100% customer service is absolutely ridiculous!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:54 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO ACCOUNTABILITY?

I think the whole point of these polls coming about was due to vendors not having to be accountably for unsatisfied customers, but all we've done now is removed customer accountability. Customers can now come and bash vendors with out any qualification or quantification. Great! Now we know some people are satisfied and others are not but we've left out the most important part... WHY?

We also don't even know if the votes are from customers? "Yeah I'm very unsatisfied with _______ because I'd have to drive all the way across town to get there."

Typically I don't like to reinvent the wheel. See what works and steal it... EBAY.

Yeah people can leave feedback (vendor accountability) but it says who left it and gives them a chance to comment and say why (customer accountability), then replies from both seller and buyer can take place which is kinda like... wait... A THREAD!

If people wanna come on a praise a vendor they should be able to at which point the vendor can say thank you.

If people want to come on a bash a vendor they should be able to at which point the vendor can come on and explain/fix the issue or just hope to many people don't see.

^ Kinda like real life. I can walk into a store and say "man everything I got is doing great thanks sooo much I'll tell all my friends about you"... or I can walk in and say "what the hell... people are gonna hear about this crap"

Sometimes people are in the store to hear and thats just life.

There will always be retarded people who are just being stupid but I think typically those people are scene for what they are... retarded

But no matter what removing accountability is a bad idea... Thats why people have a problem with vendor immunity and why vendors have a problem with anonymous voting.

Just my $1.65

Last edited by superduperwesman; 08-18-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:55 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Coral Master is willing to be critiqued on this rating forum, customer accountability or not. I always follow up with online sales to confirm that things at the very least have met customer expectations. That is the best time for customers to complain if there is an issue, not say everything is fine and then later act like it wasn't. That said, I am for the most part pleased with the rating system but I would just appreciate if/when a customer isn't satisfied they give me an opportunity to correct the problem. My goal is to have 100% very satisfied customers but it seems impossible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time so I can only worry about what is actually in my control and perform my due diligence. I would also like to add that whoever those few customers are that were not satisfied, please get in touch with me. At Coral Master it's never too late to nmake things right.
Mods keep up the good work, we appreciate all you do!
I am not sure I really understand what "neutral" votes are supposed to mean?? Are they saying they are indifferent and don't have an opinion? Sorry I guess since I almost always have an opinion and more than often voice it I just don't get that option.
Thank you Greg! You sir are the type of vendor that I want on this forum, plain and simple no beating around the bush getting things done properly! I ask very politely and apprehensively for the rest of the vendors to follow Gregs lead, you are all great businesses and the populace of canreef does reward that with positive reviews!