Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-17-2003, 01:25 AM

cavediver is on a distinguished road
Default FS : 180G Complete Reef System

System for sale:

Hi gang,
My apologies for the long winded post.
As a result of my recent promotion, I will be spending a month or two at a time on the road. This makes it all but impossible for me to provide the necessary time and loyalty that this hobby requires.
I am selling my system. I have invested many hours and many dollars into this system, and am truly sad to see it go. I do want to be able to sell the tank as a unit to someone who is looking to jump into the hobby with both feet, or someone who wants to expand their own system. But, if I can’t sell the unit as a package I am willing to break it down. Please don’t bombard me with e-mails asking for components until I have announced that it is not selling as a unit. When the unit gets parted out, the live stock will have to be sold first, and then the parts will be released “to the wolves!!” so to speak!!
I have invested nearly $10K Canadian into this. I am asking roughly $4K Canadian as a selling price. I will make my self available for the tear down and extraction of the unit. And will do my best to provide whatever assistance I can during the move.
I will do my best to layout the components of the package and any interested parties can contact me for further information. Please do not be upset if I do not answer your questions right away, as my adventures on the road have already begun. I do not expect to be home between Mar 16Mar22, and then out again on Mar26Mar30th. You can see how this schedule affects my time with this tank. I will do my best to respond to my e-mail from the hotel, please contact me at johnhuggett *AT* rogers.com .

Live Stock: (all fishes and corals are healthy and with me for at least 8 months now. I’m not very good with the names of the coral species, but I have a lot of SPS Frags with a bunch of varieties. Not the best sales pitch, but what can you do!!) The following is a list of the current residents in my system:

Long Nose Hawk
Pair of Ocellaris Clowns mated with a Bubble Tip
Blue Tang
Kole Tang
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Six Line Wrasse
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
Many turbos
Sand Sifting Star
Brittle Star
Many polyp encrusted rocks
Pulsing xenia
Many SPS frags
Open brain

The Hardware consists of the following items. All of the hardware is less than 2 years old and in excellent working condition. The Skimmer was in the process of being upgraded to a replica of an 830 areofoamer. It is brand new and hasn’t even gotten wet. The package comes with a LG 4 for a skimmer pump, just plumb it and way you go. The system is currently running on a Berlin classic which will/could be replaced and sold:

180G RR Aquarium
33G Drilled Sump
3X400W MH Light Ballasts and Sockets
3X400W 10K Bulbs
Custom Stand and Hood Enclosing the whole package (no external components-good for living area!!)
Little Giant 4MDQX-SC Return Pump
Little Giant 4MDQX-SC Skimmer Pump
Areofoamer 830 Skimmer (Brand New – Still has paper on the acrylic!!)
Mag 7 Skimmer pump (old skimmer)
Berlin Classic Skimmer (old skimmer)
GEO Calcium Reactor
CO2 Tank
CO2 Regulator, Solenoid, Bubble Counter, and needle valve
Milwaukee PH Probe and Controller
100GPD RO& DI Unit with Kent marine Top of float and control solenoid
~50lbs Live rock
~200lbs aragonite rock
2 802 Powerheads mounted in tank for circulation
Large Magfloat for glass maintenance
450 lbs live aragonite sand (Southdown sand)
Many bottles of additives
Many test kits
Many small accessories (Deep Six hydrometer, probes, calibration solutions etc.)

Like I mentioned earlier, If I can provide more information, or a viewing time for a potential buyer please contact me via:
e-mail johnhuggett *AT* rogers.com
Phone : 705-726-2755
Or Cell 705-331-7628
I may have internet access from a hotel room and will do my best to respond
Thanks for reading this far and hopefully this tank package can go to someone who will be able to give it the time and love it deserves.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:59 AM

robbyville is on a distinguished road

Hi John,

Hopefully you got my email, or maybe you will be able to check in here.

I might be interested in your setup. My only concern would be the livestock, some of it might be able to go into the tank I have presently but if I buy your system I may not have it up right away and I would worry about my ability to keep all the stock safe and sound.

If I do buy it, do you have anyone that could take some of the livestock?
I will be looking at the system for both myself and to set up at work as an educational tank for visitors.

you can email me at
rschwartz@whistlermillenniumpl.com

Thanks and too bad that your travels will take you away from this great hobby!

Best,

Rob
Old 03-19-2003, 08:29 PM

robbyville is on a distinguished road

Hi John,

Just looked up area code 705 and found Sudbury Ont. If this is the case then I'm afraid that would be too far for us to travel for the system.

Sorry about that, and good luck!

Rob
Old 03-22-2003, 10:25 PM

Hi group,
My appoligies, in my rushing around this past week, I forgot to mention that I live in Barrie Ontario.

For those who are interested in the tank. I will again be out of country Wed-->Sat and unable to reply to e-mails. But when I get back I will do my best to contact everyone who has shown interest.

Thanks for your time.

John
Old 04-14-2003, 12:39 AM

Hi again guys,
It's been another busy month for myself in the working world. I have decided to part my Reef system out. I have listed all of the components above and would have liked to see it go as a package, but I don't think that it will happen.

I am going to part the system out starting with the livestock. I would like to leave the animals in their environment until someone has committed to a purchase.
I would prefer that you came over and see the animal in its environment before I stress it by removing it and half the rocks that their hiding in! Anyone who is interested is welcome to contact me and arrange a meeting time.

For the record this is copy of the post above:
Live Stock: (all fishes and corals are healthy and with me for at least 8 months now. I’m not very good with the names of the coral species, but I have a lot of SPS Frags with a bunch of varieties. Not the best sales pitch, but what can you do!!) The following is a list of the current residents in my system:

Long Nose Hawk
Pair of Ocellaris Clowns mated with a Bubble Tip
Blue Tang
Kole Tang
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Six Line Wrasse
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
Many turbos
Sand Sifting Star
Brittle Star
Many polyp encrusted rocks
Pulsing xenia
Many SPS frags
Open brain

If anyone is interested please contact me via e-mail and we can work out further arrangements. I have a back-up plan and my LFS is willing to accept my livestock at a very poor exchange rate. I would rather see someone in the hobby benefit of decent prices instead of the LFS turning around and charging that hobbyist full retail.

Thanks,
John
Old 04-14-2003, 12:42 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

You should put Barrie, Ont...into your profile, so we don't have to go back and look through all the messages to figure out where you live every month.....