CAD Light Aquariums;They are arrogant 0 0%
CAD Light Aquariums;i had lots of problems 0 0%
CAD Light Aquariums;Their products are good 0 0%
CAD Light Aquariums;i don't know them 3 23.08%
CAD Light Aquariums; they are slow 1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 PM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

I have trouble imagining how a tank builder could get any better than Concepts... Friendly staff, great service, fantastic quality. I hope they around for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM

Spyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags View Post
my $3,100 miracles tank came apart at the seams after 9 months, clearly I am not a fan of theirs!!!

Atlas Aquariums is the new standard for custom aquariums in Ontario.
I love the look of my Atlas Aquarium with the one piece Starphyre Eur bracing but had nothing but problems with the tank at first. I had a leak at the bottom left corner immediately... Showed me that no leak test was ever performed. After saying they would pick it up repair it and drop it back off, they then told me nobody was around and I would have to drive it back myself. They ended up repairing the tank, dropping it off and helped to off load it.

They forgot to install the back black acrylic piece. Even when I mentioned it to them, when I brought the tank back for repairs, they still never installed it. They gave me a piece of Vinyl that I had to install myself and it looked like crap... Then, after running, the external overflow started leaking!! They at least came to my house to repair it but I had to pull a part my tank twice to get everything done...

Also, this tank took a month longer than was anticipated just to build in the first place. No compensation, no nothing. Just repairs and them complaining that they were losing money on the tank... Well, no crap... It was defective.

At least Miracles builds you a new tank no questions asked. It was just a frustrating experience. Beautiful tank, minus the missing black acrylic, but not remotely worth the hassle that I went through. I have not been back to the store since which is too bad for them because I like spending the cheese.

Bottom line is things happen. It's all about customer service and ensuring the buyer is happy. Concept sounds like a great service provider and that says a lot.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Banned

Basile is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
The walls of your room should be metallic grey, and you need a life-size standee of Locutus of Borg guarding the tanks! Lol.
Actually the white walls make such an impact with the blues and greens reflections that its seen from outside on the street and people are talking about it lol. Living on a Blvd , its been a conversation starter i'm told "Whats those lights about" at the Tim Hortons accross the street lol. No kidding if it aint broken don't fix it; people staring at MY window , now thats cool , LOL

Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Banned

Basile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakegr View Post
I have trouble imagining how a tank builder could get any better than Concepts... Friendly staff, great service, fantastic quality. I hope they around for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are problem solvers and they have solutions in their game play. I had a few issues that were resolved and it didn't interfeared with the quality of the work or professional Courtesy. And my specs were a bit out of the ordinary with a few demands. And they fullfilled it perfectly. Just check my set up and you'll see what i ordered from them;

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98466

Old 01-22-2014, 11:54 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

I have ordered 4 custom built tanks in the last 12 years from 3 different builders. Not one was done "on time". The trend now is to give a guideline as to when it will be done, not a date. Unfortunately, suppliers run into delays and the builder suffers. This is especially the case for small time buyers of glass, a category that tank builders fall into based on their low volume relative to other industries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyd View Post
Also, this tank took a month longer than was anticipated just to build in the first place. No compensation, no nothing.