Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 PM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road

So just a couple pics.

This is the fixture at 45% white and 50% colours.

Here is 75% and 80%
/

And my stupid simple mounting system

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM

badAZZlars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
I have 2 IT2080 running over my 180 gal and they are great. I get full coverage at about 6" above the water line. I actually had to move them up a little because it seemed my fish were afraid to come to the surface due to how bright they were lol. I am mostly running lps but I do have a few sps that are doing just fine. Programming them was a breeze and I really like the fact they throw in a remote. Also another nice part is that one remote runs both fixtures so I just keep the second remote as a spare. When you consider the fact that companies like AI charge a premium for a controller or a remote I think this is a great incentive.
I also should add that I ordered these fixtures from Nick and the customer service was A+.
I did not use the stock mounting fixtures because I did not want to hang them but due to the large lip surrounding the underside of the fixture it made it very simple to DIY a mount over the tank.
To date I have still never ran them at 100%. I think at peak my colour channel runs at 100 and the whites only get to 75.
I will throw a couple pics up following this post.
Do you think that you could have gotten away with 2 of the IT2060's on your tank? I have a 6' 125 gallon that I am starting to buy parts for and am considering these.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

I only run my A8 at about 30% over my 36" tank. Its not as high as some people hang their lights either. I imagine I could get a larger spread if I lifted the light up higher, and would still have lots of power to turn the lights up higher.
I started it at 5-10% then slowly turned both colours up... then kinda forgot about doing that, and its been left at 30% ever since (been up over a year now) and since everything growing like weeds on steroids I feel no need to turn it up any higher.
My colour selection is posted on page 2 or 3 of this topic...
I picked them because that's what "I" wanted.

The only algae I have overgrowing in my tank is bubble... and coralline :|

This is one of the pics I took last year with the blues hiked to 100%, whites off, probably wrong camera settings.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 PM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badAZZlars View Post
Do you think that you could have gotten away with 2 of the IT2060's on your tank? I have a 6' 125 gallon that I am starting to buy parts for and am considering these.
I dont think so. I liked the it2080 because it was 32" long instead of 24" which for me meant that with a 72" tank and 3" eurobracing i would be able to have a 1" gap from each eurobrace and a 1" gap between the 2 fixtures. Just seemed to fit my mental vision of what i wanted for my tank. Also i am not sure if the 24" would cover 36" fully but im sure nick can answer that question for you.
Here is a nice video of a guy hanging a 2060 over a 36" tank though. And it seems to definitely do the job.

► 2:27► 2:27
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLXKq0i9CHw
Nov 17, 2013 - Uploaded by johnnytsanggti
Just got my it2060 and this is first time switching on!!!what a light!! Blows my aqua rays away ...
Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 PM

Palmer is on a distinguished road

I have four D120's over my grow out frag tank system and a 2080 over my display. Out of all of them the only light that replaced another light (in this case MH) was the 2080 over my display. The D120's went on new tanks that were not cycled. My display is doing great and I do find that in some of my corals the growth appears a bit different in how it grows with the LED vs the MH but just to a minor extent. In my frag tank it has been a bit of a WIP but primarily because the system needed to cycle. I think moving corals from one light source to another and to a new tank that has have <6 months to stabilize is a major stressor. I have coral that are doing well now in the tank but the exact same coral did not survive once first introduced.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 PM

Karsten is on a distinguished road

Is there anyone in Calgary or surrounding area that would let me come take a look at there Evergrow lighting set up? I am looking into replacing my T5s with LED's but I like a deep blue color that radions, and mitras cannot make. my tank is 48x18x16 deep.

I like the idea of these lights. I would just like to see them in action first.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:10 AM

Palmer is on a distinguished road

Sure your welcome to check my set up out just send me a pm
Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 AM

milou is on a distinguished road

I'm still looking for a used IT2080 for my 3ft x 2ft x 2ft height. I used to run a D120 but it was too dark and too blue for my tank so I sold it and replaced it with a 6 bulb Teklight. I'm still curious how this IT2080 would light my tank. So if you have any laying around please give me a shout.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 AM

SteveCGY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
Is there anyone in Calgary or surrounding area that would let me come take a look at there Evergrow lighting set up? I am looking into replacing my T5s with LED's but I like a deep blue color that radions, and mitras cannot make. my tank is 48x18x16 deep.

I like the idea of these lights. I would just like to see them in action first.
Yeah I have the it2060 and you can take a look, just send a pm
Old 03-23-2014, 10:11 PM

Mikeylikes is on a distinguished road

Can't seem to find Nova A8's either. Think they are discontinued.

Was considering 2 customized. Now I see that the IT2012 might just suit my needs for a 60x26x24 tank. Do they output same power as the a8's? Enuf spread to cover tank? Thoughts?

Planning to house SOS as well once tank is built.

Nick: anyway you can send me the layout of your full spectrum IT2012? Just Pam's you my addy.

I hear rumours Evergrow is coming out with a new series of lights soon...