Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 AM
bvlester

I hunt them down by night with a flashlight and magniying glass so the ones I am finding are so small they kill easy. Joey's joice. If you keep finding more then you have one or more some where in the rock, I had to break up a rock once this rock was known to have this pest on it. Once the rock was broken up ( in 3 larg pieces) I found a bunch more now that they could get out in the open. Every crack an atapsia seemed to start growing. still getting rid of them got 2 last night.

Bill

Last edited by bvlester; 10-29-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:14 PM

fiorano is on a distinguished road

i used a copperband. he destroyed aptasia like it was his job and there must be a few in my rocks still cause everyonce in awhile there is some mini ones sprouting. but then we get to play a game where i hold the rock up and he hunts all around for aptasia haha he likes it i think
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM

DACJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DACJ

I got lots of small aiptasia in the tank which I don't really care about, some of them looks really nice...sort of a good addition to my tank display anyway, and I recently purchased some peppermint shrimp (LFS has already test it with their tank, proven that these DOES eat aiptasia), except we all know they don't show up when there is light, so I have no idea how they are doing with the scavenger hunt.

The only concern I have with them is I have an aiptasia anemone....and I mean it's not small either, this one is ugly looking and the size of it's mouth fully opened is about a nickle size, not that is bothered anything in the fish...but is sure is ugly...

I tried attacking it with my finger or even sharp metal, it seems to survive even after me harrasing it, ( I squeezed it so hard that I think it's guts came out.....if it had any...) Problem is it'll come back, and it has a very bad stink...I use dish washing detergent, and regular hand wash soap to wash my hand 2~3 times, I could not get the smell off my finger tip...it would last at least couple hours long...

Looking for a cheap LED for it and a cooler.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 AM

peasofme is on a distinguished road

aiptasia sting fish and release toxins like other anenome