Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM

BubblesUp is on a distinguished road

Canada Day on CanReef. I was bored yesterday and I should have been here.

TeleNovela CanReef
Old 07-02-2015, 11:08 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I ask that people that think they are affected simply play along for 6 months. If it's really not working, let us know via PM and we'll look at it.
Isn't that about the time you leave? HeeHee
Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Isn't that about the time you leave? HeeHee
shhhh
Old 07-03-2015, 01:35 AM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

Sounds like I missed some fun. Unfortunately as a business owner, I get to deal with people that like to try to break the rules/laws all the time. They ruin your day and make things worse for everyone. Human nature seems to be slipping in my mind with more and more people doing it. To the Mods that have to deal with it, I feel for you. You aren't in a very pleasant situation. I think i'll go have some ice cream now.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:20 AM

chefpaakk is on a distinguished road

[quote=Aquattro;956984]See, the problem is that when we try to deal with it individually, like we did with Denny, he went f'ning nuts and is trying to screw us over. We're now at a point where he's offering a reward to disrupt the board...

On that note someone tried to hack into my account yesterday...

Just saying
Old 07-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefpaakk View Post
On that note someone tried to hack into my account yesterday...

Just saying
I'm sure it's not him. We have this daily usually originating from a China IP address range
Old 07-03-2015, 05:41 AM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

Just was wondering what the original complaint started from ? I don't really see Denny flooding the buy sell section , and he mostly sells zoa's from his collection . And recently had a tank shutdown . Its not like he is importing huge shipments and flipping them on the boards . He still works a full time job so I don't think he is raking in the bucks off frags like was stated earlier. What would be the deciding factor between hobbyist and commercial ? Just thought I would say my 2 cents Denny has done a lot for the community and don't really see why its this big of a deal with the amount of corals/threads he was making . I'm just glad there is a place to buy zoas in Calgary because you cant find them at the stores .
Old 07-03-2015, 05:52 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice View Post
Just was wondering what the original complaint started from ? I don't really see Denny flooding the buy sell section , and he mostly sells zoa's from his collection . And recently had a tank shutdown . Its not like he is importing huge shipments and flipping them on the boards . He still works a full time job so I don't think he is raking in the bucks off frags like was stated earlier. What would be the deciding factor between hobbyist and commercial ? Just thought I would say my 2 cents Denny has done a lot for the community and don't really see why its this big of a deal with the amount of corals/threads he was making . I'm just glad there is a place to buy zoas in Calgary because you cant find them at the stores .
Yes, Denny has been a huge presence on the board, and in the community. I'm really mad it came to this when it didn't have to.
But, commercial is dictated by having a site online where you can order corals. He does. It says if you order wholesale to resell, it is commercial. He does. He was allowed to sell recently while working for a sponsor, as I gave him the benefit of doubt and considered him sponsor-like. But once he left there, he was a stand alone business, just like Fragbox. March pays for space to sell here, Denny did not. There really were very few options. I can't talk to March (or Dave, Greg, etc) and justify why one business can post free, while they pay. It's not fair. So, we explained nicely to Denny and he didn't want to be reasonable. I can only do so much, and if he wasn't willing to bring anything to the table, there's nothing I can do to work around what transpired.
I can say without a doubt that I will miss his contributions to the board as much as anyone, and probably more than most.

FWIW, the original complaint had nothing to do with Denny, and his leaving Concept just timed his issues with these others. There was no relationship between new rules and Denny directly. However, this type of thing has happened before, and will happen again, so we chose to document some guidelines to make it clear up front what is expected of members that seek to sell things on the board.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Bay View Post
Looks like I missed all the fun as well.

I am not a sponsor but I am a business owner and I am willing to pay to advertise on the site. Anyone else that is a business or wanna be business should pay as well. The problem is Titus needs to pull his head out of the sand and charge everyone the same price! Word travels, very few people paid the same for advertising.

Also titus has to realize the world is chaning. Facebook is free. Canreef....... the prices I get quoted are WAY TOO much for what its worth. Hence why I am not a sponsor.

To clarify I have not read the new rules. And apparently I missed the fun thread. But canreef does charge too much for me to sponsor but thats not up to me to decide.

So I will continue to be a lurker until prices come back into line.

And Titus remember facebook is Freeeeeee, thats your competition these days.......

Colby
I agree with the sponsorship price being wat too expensive, working at the store that shall not be named me and my brony spent alot of time debating if the Canreef sponsorship was worth the ridiculous price. We can to the conclusion that Facebook is free and found that we were making more money through Facebook than we would have on Canreef

So in conclusion, Canreef sponsorship is way too much money for what you get

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aquattro; 07-03-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:36 PM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

I see nothing wrong with a business deciding it's not worth the cost of sponsorship and/or its terms of reference. If all sponsorship withdrew, then I could see that costs might be too high but obviously there are still those businesses that see it as a reasonable expense or they too would not do it.
I would see a problem though if said business made the decision to not pay for, but then expect to still have the same priveleges that those who DO pay have.