Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 AM

Maverick00 is on a distinguished road
Default Camping Stereo

Hey guys, with summer coming up im looking into getting a good quality portable stereo for camping trips. For several years we've set up a home theater system using our vehicle batteries and inverters but its a huge pain in the ass lugging all the gear out there weekend after weekend. Anyone have any experience with a portable stereo with an aux input or iphone dock specifically used for camping?

- 33 Gal - 20Gal Sump, MP10/Hydor Powerheads, Aquaticlife 4x T-5HO, Vertex IN100, TLF w/Biopellets, Tunze ATO

-45GAL Build in Progress!-
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 AM

Ross is on a distinguished road

How about http://www.google.ca/search?q=headph...w=1259&bih=835 so that the rest of the campground doesnt hear bass all day long?

Sorry for the rant, but I camp to get away from my tv, phone, stereo etc. and get annoyed having to listen to other peoples stereos, generators and ac units.
67 Gallon Mixed Reef, Modular LED Lights

Send in the Clowns - Clown Fish Breeding
5 Gallon Fry Hatchery and 15 Gallon Clown Grow Out Tank
Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 AM

uh huh... I guess i probably didnt supply enough information. Ive camped at a provincial campground only a handful of times. When your 15-30km away from the nearest house, boat launch, paved road, i dont think a battery powered stereo should bother your "outdoor experience". Regardless i perfer earbuds, not a big fan of the whole ear muffs, filters out the bird chirps.

- 33 Gal - 20Gal Sump, MP10/Hydor Powerheads, Aquaticlife 4x T-5HO, Vertex IN100, TLF w/Biopellets, Tunze ATO

Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
How about http://www.google.ca/search?q=headph...w=1259&bih=835 so that the rest of the campground doesnt hear bass all day long?

Sorry for the rant, but I camp to get away from my tv, phone, stereo etc. and get annoyed having to listen to other peoples stereos, generators and ac units.

wah wah wah. hahahaha
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-RV-NB10B-B.../dp/B000FAILF6
This is the best portable I've ever owned. I grew up on the island & any body who knows doesn't go to the P.V. camprgrounds. cheers.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Notebook computer with a couple of external speakers. You can probably even go 5:1 surround sound if you've got a good built in sound card.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:49 AM

@spawn

Ill take a look at that one at futureshop later in the week, i think i have a buddy that has one fairly similar, looks familiar.

@mike

I didnt even think about hooking up external speakers to the laptop. Thats a great idea too if this battery didnt die within a year and a half of buying the laptop. Ill have to look into that and see what kind of speakers are available.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default stereo

depends how loud you want it.i picked up some portable speakers with bass for around $30 from wall mart-plug in an mp3 and you have a getto blaster running on 4 aa batteries thats only 8 inches long putting out about 80 decibles
Old 05-05-2011, 05:18 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

If you go the notebook computer route, you'll likely need a small inverter & run off your vehicle battery. Most of the speaker set ups for notebooks will have a small sub woofer that needs an extra power supply for the oomph. The inverter will also take care of the dead notebook battery issue.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:05 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Walmart sells a very small portable speaker that simply plugs into your ipod headphone jack, the speaker is charged by usb and will last a few hours before needing another charge. It's a lot better than I would have thought and it can fit in your pocket. I think it's like $15.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:21 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

I have gone camping with this unit, puts out good sound. I believe the new one has an ipod port on it now too.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...px?pid=PB10-CD